Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to login to Max on Roku after HBO Max changed

Jump to solution

Hi @Mac11209,

Thanks for posting about this HBO Max issue.

We understand that you're having a problem with the HBO Max channel since it will require a 10-digit password. No worries, help is here.
If the channel requires a 10-digit password. Did you have an account on HBO Max? If yes, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.
If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let us know.
All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mac11209
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

it doesnt require a 10 digit passwordto login into Max...my roku tv is telling me it does. I can access and watch Max on ipad, iphone,and both apple tv 4ks. 

smh

Jlevit27

Jump to solution

I have still been unable to log into my account on my Roku device. 

device model: Roku Express 4K+

serial: X01600WRU085

software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-CR

the Max app specifically wont sign in. Keeps saying it is the wrong password or username and it’s definitely not.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

MAX on Roku is requiring a 10-character password when the saved 9-character password works on other devices. 

have tried deleting and re-adding channel, as well as restarting system. And all software is up to date. 

Jump to solution

I just found a workaround for the same problem, 

I chose login with a QR code/Provider, which puts a QR code and a 6 digit code on the screen. If you scan the code, it asks you to choose your provider, which if you're like me and have an account with HBO directly, is useless.

HOWEVER, if you SKIP the QR code, go directly max.com/login on your computer and enter the 6 digit numerical code, you can then sign in on your browser and it should log you in to the Roku app.

Hope this helps.

Mac11209
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

its june 27 and even though roku did an update which appeared to include Max, still being told I need a 10 digit password. 🙄

0 Kudos
Mzmelr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
I got this from another user  it worked for me:

I chose login with a QR code/Provider, which puts a QR code and a 6 digit code on the screen. If you scan the code, it asks you to choose your provider, which if you're like me and have an account with HBO directly, is useless.

HOWEVER, if you SKIP the QR code, go directly max.com/login on your computer and enter the 6 digit numerical code, you can then sign in on your browser and it should log you in to the Roku app.

Hope this helps.

Mac11209
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

its June 28 and Max on the roku tv is still asking for 10 character password. I have my subscription thru apple so suggested work arounds are not relevant. As I said in my first post, I am able to login on my ipad, iphone, apple tv 4ks with no problem. 

smh

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mac11209

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community.

We recognize that the problem persists despite the troubleshooting measures taken, and we value the steps taken to fix it. The best way to learn more and fix the problem is to get in touch with the channel provider's support directly because the issue only affects this channel across various platforms. The majority of channels are created and managed now by the channel providers.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mac11209
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

** actual work around = when signing in, click on forgot password and put in a 10 character new one when you receive email.

roku is only device that didnt allow ppl who had previous hbomax acct to keep their existing password. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.