Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeatyOgre

Re: Unable to login to Max on Roku after HBO Max changed

Jump to solution

The new Max app will not accept special characters in the password. This works on every other platform and used to work on Roku. They broke the Roku.

Change your password removing any special characters.

Use the new password on the Roku and it should work.

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MeatyOgre,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

I'd like to know if you already did a system restart after the update of the HBO MAX, to see if there was an improvement after doing that. 

If not, let's start by navigating to Settings>System>Power>System Restart. In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Home>Settings>System>Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step, "System restart.
  3. Reinstall the channel: Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Feel free to give us an update on how it goes.

Thanks!

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Opieeb

Jump to solution

I followed all the steps and deleted Max but but now cannot find Max to add it again.  PLEASE help!

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Opieeb

We understand that you're having trouble adding the Max app. Help is here, and let's work on it.

There are two ways to add your channel back again. 

• Adding apps from your Roku device
  • Adding apps from Roku.com

Refer to our support page for more info on How to add apps to your Roku.

Feel free to give us an update on how it goes. 

Thanks,

Anjelie 

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
anderlis

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  I have signed out/ in again, removed and reinstalled channel, restated my Roku device, checked for software update and nothing works!  This is very frustrating! 

Mac11209
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

it is june 23 and this roku tv still says incorrect password when logging into my HBOmax aka now Max acct.  It says I need 10 letter etc. I subscribe thru apple and all my other devices(  appletv, ipad ) have no problem with signing in and watching Max. I can watch disney, netflix, etc on this tv but not Max😠 

rickola

Jump to solution

Roku BLOWS! If it's not one problem, it's another. I glad I only paid $90 for my JVC Roku tv 32'. Too many headaches.

0 Kudos
Kizakl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was finally able to sign in.  I didn’t do anything to the app since the last time I tried to log in a few weeks ago. So MAX must have made some fixes. 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @anderlis,

We understand that you have a problem logging in to Max App. No worries, we're here to help.

Did you already follow the steps stated above? If not, kindly follow those steps, and let us see if it works.

Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mac11209
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

its June 24 and its still asking for a 10 digit password..

Fix this roku..plz