Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoDi1203
Reel Rookie

Unable to install channel -EarnApp on Roku Xs

Jump to solution

Channel was added on the web interface and indicates installed, however it does not appear in the list.

version 9.1.0 build 5006-02

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to install channel -EarnApp on Roku Xs

Jump to solution

@SoDi1203 

The Roku 2 XS (model 3100) was released in 2011.  The last Roku operating version that will run on it is version 9.1.  Further support for the 2 XS was dropped in September 2019 with the release of Roku operating software version 9.2.  Currently supported Roku models are currently receiving the rollout of Roku version 11.5.  

Many of the more recent channel apps, and updates to many older ones, were written to use features and capabilities added to more recent models and are not compatible with older, non-supported models that lack these features.  Adding a channel app on the Roku website adds it to your Roku account, but it will only download and install to Roku units with which it is compatible. 

Earn App only announced their Roku version in August 2022, so it likely was not written to run on such an old, no longer supported Roku model.  I can find no information on their website to indicate which Roku models they support.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I don’t know that app, and I don’t see a Roku X, but the Roku XD and XDS are from 2010.  Given that, and the age of your OS version, the app may not work on your device. 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SoDi1203 

The Roku 2 XS (model 3100) was released in 2011.  The last Roku operating version that will run on it is version 9.1.  Further support for the 2 XS was dropped in September 2019 with the release of Roku operating software version 9.2.  Currently supported Roku models are currently receiving the rollout of Roku version 11.5.  

Many of the more recent channel apps, and updates to many older ones, were written to use features and capabilities added to more recent models and are not compatible with older, non-supported models that lack these features.  Adding a channel app on the Roku website adds it to your Roku account, but it will only download and install to Roku units with which it is compatible. 

Earn App only announced their Roku version in August 2022, so it likely was not written to run on such an old, no longer supported Roku model.  I can find no information on their website to indicate which Roku models they support.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
SoDi1203
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thank you for clarifications.

0 Kudos