Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to enter activation code for XFINITY & CBS App

Hello,
I have a Roku Ultra and Xfinity Comcast as a cable provider and I have been having serious issues with the activation process. EVERY TIME I enter the code displayed on my Roku Ultra in cbs.com/tv/roku/ and I select Xfinity as my provider the activation does NOT WORK. I am redirected back to cbs.com/tv/roku/

THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING!!!! I have been TRYING to do this for the past 3 hours!!

Some support would be nice.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Unable to enter activation code for XFINITY & CBS App

I should add that I'm being prompted to sign in EVERY 3-4  HOURS!!! I am automatically signed out even thou I DISABLED the screensaver and battery saver in which case, I have to reactivate my Roku again and again and again!!

0 Kudos
Down8
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to enter activation code for XFINITY & ANY App

This is happening for NBC, and ABC-related channels as well. Seems to be an Xfinity issue.

Help?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
TheHawk

Re: Unable to enter activation code for XFINITY & ANY App

Our Xfinity Stream app just dropped us and now we can't sign in - we enter the activation code and it comes back with a message that "it couldn't connect - try again later" -  it is now going on 3 or 4 hours and there has been no change.  Went to Xfinity store to check on things - they said they had no control over the app and didn't know what was wrong -  really frustrating

0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue.  The xfinity stream app works on my android phone, but does not on my Roku device.  I've tried the activation code numerous times without any luck.

Hopefully Roku has a solution?

Help!

Randy

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community about the issue with activating your channel.

If the issue persists on one channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Germie29

I am now having this issue with all the channels I activate thru Xfinity  NBCNews ABC FoxSport. Hallmark to name just a few. lf the channel signed me out (why do they automatically sign out??) I can no longer activate. I just keep getting the message that the activation code is expired or invalid. Makes my Roku pretty useless! Is this Roku or Xfinity issue?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Germie29et al -

Problem when attempting to reauthorize a provider account:

If this reauthorization involves going to a website via your internet browser, a previous input you've made to that website may be stored in the browser's cache or cookies and interfering with your current login attempt.

Try using a different browser, or clearing your current browser's cache and any cookies for that site.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos