Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dnallohp
Reel Rookie

Unable to continue watching a show.

I have been watching Revenge for about a year on the Roku channel. As of today, it can only be seen on a subscription basis. I am already paying for Spectrum and Amazon Prime, I can't pick up another cost, this is just plain wrong for Roku to do this. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to continue watching a show.

With rare exceptions, Roku does not own the programs they carry.  They must license them, basically "rent" them, from their owners.   License/rent agreements expire, and when they do Roku can no longer carry the program.

What they COULD do better, though, is give people better advance notice of when programs are going to expire.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Strega
Roku Guru

For what it’s worth, with only 90 episodes, a year seems like a fairly long run for a rerun on commercial TV. 

0 Kudos
Dnallohp
Reel Rookie

@Strega - Sorry, but I am missing your point, I am in the middle of season 3, I watch about one episode a week or so

0 Kudos
Dnallohp
Reel Rookie

I assumed that's how it works, but it would be nice if Roku made an attempt to continue programming instead of just making an excuse why they can't. I saw other posts on this subject since mine.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Contracts for content often assume the shows will be watched more frequently than that.  For example, on a linear TV, it’s common for an old show to be run 5 days a week, and after a show has been shown once or twice, it’s time for something else.  Many streaming contracts likewise assume that shows are consumed fairly quickly.

0 Kudos