Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ibrown
Reel Rookie

Unable to add specific channels - not a regional issue

Jump to solution

I am not able to add certain channels to my Roku Express

I am specifically looking to add Crave and the Cineplex Store. 

I have checked for updates (none needed) and confirmed that these channels are available on the device I have. I can't find these channels when I search for them through the Roku Channel store, but if I google them I'm able to find them. The option to "add channel" is grayed out.

Please help! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to add specific channels - not a regional issue

Jump to solution

@jwagdy  That’s not a Roku issue. KHouse and other channel developers decide where they want their channels to work. Either in the US or outside the US. They do offer it on other platforms too.

https://www.khouse.org/articles/2022/1431/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I've had Roku websites be confused about my region.  Try clearing your browser cookies and then try https://channelstore.roku.com/browse .  Although, they should show up if you're browsing "Streaming Channels" on the Roku device itself.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ibrown
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for replying! Unfortunately, clearing browser history and cache has not solved my issue. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

How about trying a different browser or a different computer/device?  Sorry, running out of ideas.  The final option would be to perform a factory reset and create a new Roku account, but that's a last resort.  You'd lose anything you paid for through Roku if you have any purchases/subscriptions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Nutmeg7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue! I even created a new account and it still says the same thing. 

0 Kudos
jaki
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Seems, I have the same problem. (in germany)

One day my apps disappeared from the startpage and I can only find some stange apps (Sceensavers etc) with the seachbar.

Factoryreset and update didn't work.

Strange thing: This link https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/browse

works, when I'm not logged in with my roku acc and says
''page not found'' when I'm logged in.

0 Kudos
Nutmeg77

Jump to solution

I did actually get mine to work finally. I don’t know if it will work in Germany but after I created a new account and added my payment information it realized i was in the US and let me get all of the channels. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jaki

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jwagdy

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R,

Any update on this? I have the same problem with at least a couple of channels. The button is greyed out once I login to add them.

I purchased Roku Premiere when I was in the states. Later when I moved to the Middle East, I noticed that I am not able to find/add some channels. For example, recently lunched KHouse TV. I can find it through google but when I login to Roku's website to add it, the button is greyed out.

Thank you

Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@jwagdy  That’s not a Roku issue. KHouse and other channel developers decide where they want their channels to work. Either in the US or outside the US. They do offer it on other platforms too.

https://www.khouse.org/articles/2022/1431/

0 Kudos