Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access discovery+ on my Roku TV

Jump to solution

I am really disappointed to find that Discovery+ will not play on my Roku TV. Purchased the Roku TV new in AUG 2022 Yesterday (12 03 2022) I decided to try out Discovery+ and signed up for the ad free version.

I signed into my Roku account on my desktop and set everything up.

When I tried to access Discovery+ on my Roku TV the screen prompts to sign in with Roku account and that is what I did. The screen then states that my email and password account are not correct. I did that several times and then decided to check on my desktop and verify what all I did to set up the service.

On my desktop when I sign into my Roku account there is no issues and I was able to access Discovery+ content. I am using the correct email and password and there is no screen prompt for issues or errors.

I went back to my Roku TV and attempted to access Discovery+ and was again prompted to enter email and password for my Roku account to access Discovery+ content. I input the correct information for both and again I am given message that email and password are not correct. I only have one Roku TV and only one Roku account so there is no confusion on my part.

I am noticing a lot of people are having these issues over past couple of years but there is no posted resolution. Surely someone at Roku must be interested in finding a solution. I want to watch the programming on my television which is the whole reason I own a television. Help me out Roku please tell me why the correct email and password will not work on my Roku TV thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to access discovery+ on my Roku TV

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, Roku can't help you with issues authenticating to other providers channels. They don't create the channels, they only provide the platform.

For issues with Discovery+, you need to contact Discovery for help. https://www.discoveryplus.com/

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to access discovery+ on my Roku TV

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, Roku can't help you with issues authenticating to other providers channels. They don't create the channels, they only provide the platform.

For issues with Discovery+, you need to contact Discovery for help. https://www.discoveryplus.com/

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos