Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spookibabi
Level 7

Unable to Delete YouTube?

I've been trying to delete YouTube off of my Onn. Roku Smart TV for months. I delete it the way I have successfully removed any other channel I didn't want and then within the next 10 minutes it's been reinstalled. It wouldn't be an issue if not for the inappropriate things on the platform I don't want my child watching anymore. (I tried to put on the censors in the app but some things still slide through, so I'd rather her just not have access anymore.)

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to Delete YouTube?

@Spookibabi 

Is it possible your daughter just keeps adding it back?

Head over to https://www.roku.com/ and login to your Account dashboard. Once logged in, look for the section under "My Account" that says "Pin Preference" and select "Update"  From there, enable "Always require a PIN to make purchases and add items from the Channel Store."

This will prevent Channels from being added to the Roku without specifically entering your chosen PIN code.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos