Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fe4r
Reel Rookie

Tv shutting off from YouTube

Anytime I play a YouTube video my tv will Constantly shut off and turn back on over and over but it doesn’t do it for any other app what’s going on?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv shutting off from YouTube

Hi @Fe4r.

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching us regarding your playback issue with the YouTube app on your Roku streaming device. No worries, we're here to find you the best resolution for this.

Have you tried to remove the YouTube app, reboot your device's system, then add the YouTube app back again? If not, follow the steps provided below:

• Remove the channel: Press Home > Move to the right and highlight the channel you wish to remove > Press Star * > Select Remove channel
  • Reboot your device's system: Press Home > Settings >  System > Power > System restart
  • Add the channel: Press Home > select Store > Channels > Add channel

Let us know how it goes and we'd go from there. Thank you!

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fe4r
Reel Rookie

I have already done that yes I’ve done everything that I’ve seen I had to do and nothing works again it’s only the YouTube app that does it but it only does it when the video is playing it’ll watch ads perfectly fine but as soon as the video I want to watch starts to play that’s when it turns off over and over

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fe4r.

Thanks for following up!

Have you tried connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if there are any differences?

Also, if you try changing the resolution under YouTube, does the issue still occur?

Kindly let us know now so that we can work on additional troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fe4r
Reel Rookie

I haven’t changed the resolution but I have changed networks and it didn’t work after that but i don’t know how the resolution could be the problem because YouTube use to work properly ever since I got it but after a year of owning it YouTube doesn’t work anymore

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Ever since OS12 was released YouTube performance has suffered. When exiting the app, sometimes the screen goes black, other times it returns normally. I don't think Google has updated the app in months which probably has a lot to do with your problems

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
Fe4r
Reel Rookie

But it’s not when I exit the app it’s whenever the video plays it’ll play ads fine it’ll run fine until the actual video plays then it’ll non stop turn on and off my tv (btw it isn’t a Roku tv or anything like that I’m using the Roku that plugs into the hdmi) which is confusing for me

0 Kudos