Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeydee

Tubi crashes upon opening

I just purchased my Roku Streaming stick last week and hadn’t had any issues until last night. Tubi keeps crashing upon opening the app and takes back to the home page. No issues with any of the other streaming services. I’ve reset the device, reinstalled Tubi, checked for software updates for both Tubi and Roku, reset my router and network settings, checked for any internet connection issues, and finally even tried a factory reset and still no solution. Don’t really know what else to try. 

9 REPLIES 9
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tubi crashes upon opening

Hi @jeydee,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with the Tubi channel and all of the troubleshooting you've done.

Please make sure that when removing a channel, it's important that you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again to ensure a clean channel install. If you are still unable to resolve the issue.

However, If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach them here: Help Center (tubitv.com)

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mer2times

Hi there… I’m currently experiencing the same issue… however Tubi works on my  Roku in the living room  just fine… Very strange I must say. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mer2times

Saw your post!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with the Tubi channel and we're sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  • Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen? Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more.

We also recommend taking a look at our Support page to troubleshoot any playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Perka1

I have done all the steps in the original post and the Moderator's suggestions.

We have watched Tubi with no problems for at least 6 months and 2 days ago, we could no longer connect. Tubi opens and then gets to the opening screen for about 2 seconds and then crashes and sends us back to the Roku home page. We have tried several times over the past few days with the same result. This is on a Sony/Roku Sound bar combination.

Our other two TVs can connect to Tubi with no problem. Both are using the Roku 4k streaming stick.

• What Roku model device are you using? The smaller Roku sound bar with a 2022 Sony TV.
  • Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? Yes
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know. No.
  • Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen? Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more. Yes, twice.
  • I have the latest Sony update installed. It does look like the Tubi version was up dated late last month, but it worked well after that.
  • Hope you can help! I can't get rid of the 'Bullet'. ha.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Perka1,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about the issue you are experiencing with the Tubi channel and all of the troubleshooting you've done.

If the issue persists, you'll need to contact Tubi support to report the problem and request additional assistance. You can reach them here: Help Center (tubitv.com)

Each channel on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves. If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher.

Thanks again for posting and if you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Huntgx1

Re: TUBI channel problem viewing

Still not working on my Roku. Same symptoms as described. Have completed reboots on Roku, software updates for BOTH Roku and Tubi. No change in symptoms. Running Roku Model 3810X software Version 11.5.0 bill 4312-50. Email: [personal information removed]. Thanks!!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Huntgx1,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the Tubi channel.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power.
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

If the issue persists, you'll need to contact Tubi support to report the issue and request additional assistance. You can reach them here: https://help.tubitv.com/hc/en-us

Note: Never post any personally identifiable, private, or sensitive information publicly, including passwords, email addresses, or payment information. Community content is visible to all Community members.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pompey
Roku Guru

If you initially created your Tubi account using the embedded Google (or Facebook) login option; it is no longer recognized. You will need to go to Tubi in your browser and make a new login using the "email" option.  You may use the same Google (or other) email address as before, but you will now create a new password.  If you use the same email address as before, when the authentication finishes, your original watchlist and history should be intact.  When you go to the Roku Tubi channel, it should launch normally.  This worked for me.  Hope this helps.

"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
All47verses
Reel Rookie

Try going to Settings>System>Control other devices and UNCHECKING "1-touch play". Something in the current Tubi app has trouble with CEC on some TVs. This fixed it for me.

Hope this helps!