Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NWMom98204
Reel Rookie

Tubi app on repeat when watching shows

I just bought a brand new Roku 4k stick. Every app works great, except Tubi. Whenever I watch a show on Tubi, it starts, plays for about 10 to 15 seconds, then goes back to.the start screen for the show. It happens on any show I choose.

I have checked everything, Uninstaller and reinstalled I dont know how many times, and it doesn't work. I contacted Tubi support and they were stumped and said they couldn't fix it.

Tubi works great on our other devices, including our Samsung Smart TV, but for some reason it only does this with the Roku.

Any ideas?

I have already tried all.the usual suggestions of unplugging,  rebooting, reinstalling, etc several times.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Tubi app on repeat when watching shows

Hi @NWMom98204 

Thanks for the post.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing Tubi? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NWMom98204
Reel Rookie

Tried that just now.  It didn't work. Shows still go back to their start menu after playing for about 5 seconds I tried EVERYTHING! Even Tubi support couldn't help me.

I'm having second thoughts about buying a Roku stick and am ready to throw in the towel and return it for a refund.  I wish I still had the packaging so I could do that.

Tubi works on every other device in our house EXCEPT the Roku in the bedroom.

0 Kudos
NWMom98204
Reel Rookie

My husband decided to go to the store and exchange the roku stick for a different one.  We tried it again and the same thing is happening wirh Tubi.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@NWMom98204 

To eliminate a power supply issue, try powering the Streaming Stick with a power adapter at the wall if currently using your TV USB power port for power. (if the Roku device did not come with a power adapter, try using a cell phone 5volt, 1amp charging adapter).

Would also try the Roku device on another TV to see if issue follows device.  Also verify your network/router is not using any ad-blocking features.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
All47verses
Reel Rookie

I had the same problem. If you haven't resolved it yet, try going to Settings>System>Control other devices and make sure "1-touch play" is UNCHECKED. Not sure why it fixed the problem, but it did. I suspect some coding in the Tubi app that depended on something that changed in Roku OS 11.5 or 12.

Hope this helps!

pphree
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same problem with TUBI. I have a ROKU installed on my bedroom TV. All the other streaming channels work except for TUBI. TUBI keeps rebooting over and over. Every 10 seconds or so. Wrecks the movie I'm trying to watch. I have tried everything. Reset, unplug, replug in. Nothing works. I'm going to check settings now to see if the 1 touch play is checked and uncheck it. Could it be the problem is with the streaming channel TUBI itself? If so, fix it! That's my fav channel to watch! 

0 Kudos
pphree
Reel Rookie

Sure enough, the 1 touch play was checked on my TV. I never checked it myself so it must have done so automatically. When I unchecked it, it fixed the problem. THANKS GOD! 

0 Kudos
TK258

This worked for me. Thanks 

0 Kudos