Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dnhallo
Level 8

True Crime Network “Content not available” error

Streaming this channel on Roku TV for months.  Tonight I keep getting “Content not available” when it tries to load any shows. Restarted TV, checked network, uninstalled app, reinstalled app, but the same message comes up. 

Solutions?

5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: True Crime Network “Content not available” error

Hey @Dnhallo

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Did you restart your Roku TV before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. Make sure to restart your device from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dnhallo
Level 8

Hi Kariza:

I tried your suggestion. 

I removed the True Crime Network Channel
I restarted the Roku TV through settings
I reinstalled the True Crime Network Channel

I’m getting the same message. I get as far as choosing an episode, but after it tries to upload it, the message comes up. 

I'm getting the same error and I have already done the necessary troubleshooting already as well......

Dnhallo
Level 8

The problem still is not resolved. Is this channel not offered on Roku anymore?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Dnhallo @AMarshall0515

I apologize for the delay in response.

If you are experiencing the same issue from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos