Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
normx004
Reel Rookie

Toast of Tinseltown on Roku Channel - can't turn off annoying audio description of action in scene

Jump to solution

so I love the "Toast of..." series, and am trying to watch "Toast of Tinseltown" on the Roku channel.  I've tried everything, but cannot shut up the "audio description" where a voice annoyingly tells me everything that is happening on the screen..."Toast gets into the car"..."Toast looks out the window"...AAAAAAAAaaaagh.

I've seen notes on the internet that say there is an "audio guide" under 'accessibility", but I don't see it! On the 'accessibility" screen i see only Captions, Screen Reader, Volume, and shortcut.  And if i press the 'star' button 4 times, the thing just goes a little nuts and brings me to a settings screen that is not helpful...

note: i have a 3960x - Roku Express, s/w vsn 12.0.0-4184ED -

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Toast of Tinseltown on Roku Channel - can't turn off annoying audio description of action in sce

Jump to solution

@normx004 

You will notice that there are two (2) English Audio Tracks available for the "Toast of Tinseltown".

One English Audio Track is a "descriptive" audio track that is causing the issue you are experiencing.  Select the other English Audio Track (Original) and the descriptions will go away.

To select between audio tracks..

1. press * button on the Roku Remote while the video is playing.

2. select Accessibility and Captions

3. Select Audio Track

4. Toggle the English Audio Track to Audio Track 1 (Original).  You should notice Audio Track 2 is the Descriptive audio track.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Toast of Tinseltown on Roku Channel - can't turn off annoying audio description of action in sce

Jump to solution

@normx004 

You will notice that there are two (2) English Audio Tracks available for the "Toast of Tinseltown".

One English Audio Track is a "descriptive" audio track that is causing the issue you are experiencing.  Select the other English Audio Track (Original) and the descriptions will go away.

To select between audio tracks..

1. press * button on the Roku Remote while the video is playing.

2. select Accessibility and Captions

3. Select Audio Track

4. Toggle the English Audio Track to Audio Track 1 (Original).  You should notice Audio Track 2 is the Descriptive audio track.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

normx004
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks!  Kind of an obscure way for Roku to express (export? provide?) the feature, but at last now I can watch the show.

0 Kudos