Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJTonyPrep
Reel Rookie

Title on Roku Channel mismarked

The movie Game Day (1999) on the Roku Channel is listed as HD, but it is in standard definition, with black bars on the top and bottom (480 ratio with widescreen picture). Can someone from Roku fix this? Not only is the movie grainy, but it only fills half the screen.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Title on Roku Channel mismarked

Hi @DJTonyPrep,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue when playing Game Day through the Roku Channel. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Does this happen on all movies/shows on The Roku Channel or just on Game Day? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DJTonyPrep
Reel Rookie

It has just happened with this particular title. Usually everything I watch on the Roku Channel is in full HD. But like I said, not only was this SD, but it was the widescreen version overlaid on a 480 picture (meaning there were black bars on the sides as well as the top and bottom). It seems like Roku just didn't upload this movie to their servers properly. It is being advertised as HD.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DJTonyPrep,

Thanks for following up.

Just to verify, does the Game Day on The Roku Channel states that the title is in HD?

Please be advised that not all content available from a streaming service that supports HD will appear in HD. Look for movies or TV shows that are marked with an HD logo.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DJTonyPrep
Reel Rookie

Yes, it is marked as HD. Here is the link so you can see for yourself: https://www.roku.com/whats-on/movies/game-day?id=c7d48965ba5150a1a5d4b6e0d6d44816. It specifically says: 

Watch in HD
Free

Like I said, I think there was just an error uploading this movie to your database. The SD version was posted, and not the HD version. That should be a simple fix if you let your developers know.
0 Kudos