Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnL56
Channel Surfer

Time limit on free subscriptions?

I bought a new Roku stick on November 24. There was a promotion that said I'd get 2 months free subscription to AMC and 3 months of free Apple TV. I signed up for the AMC with no problem, but waited a bit for Apple TV. When I tried to sign up for that yesterday, there's no mention or option that I can find to do that. AMC signup was automatic. Was that a limited time offer? It's been 6 weeks, but there was no mention of the offer expiring. Does anyone have any info on this? Is there someone at Roku I could talk to directly?

thanks - John

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Time limit on free subscriptions?

Hi @JohnL56,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To confirm, are you subscribed to AMC through Roku Pay or are you subscribed to the channel provider directly? If this is through Roku Pay, it would be best to talk to the specified team since we need to gather more personal information. You can reach them here. Choose the options for "Account, payments, & subscriptions," and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

However, if you have a subscription through the channel provider directly, you will need to contact the channel provider for further assistance with the issue you've been experiencing.

You can contact them here: AMC Support.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I searched for: roku free apple TV

And found a page from Nov 6 that said that you could get “three free months of Apple TV Plus at the moment.” along with a link to a Roku offers page which no longer lists that particular offer in January 2024. Deals do come and go.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
JohnL56
Channel Surfer

Thanks, Strega2. Does that mean that I had to have started my free three months as soon as I bought the Roku box? That's what it sounds like. 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

It doesn’t sound like that one was tied to activating a box.  However, some offers are.  Offers can be based on purchases, dates, quantities claimed, or they just end whenever they end. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
JohnL56
Channel Surfer

I chatted with someone at Roku support, who confirmed that the offer has expired. That's what I get for procrastinating, eh? Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
JohnL56
Channel Surfer

THanks, Chel. I had a chat with someone at Roku Support, who confirmed that the offer has expired. I should have started the Apple TV at the same time as AMC, since that's the one I was most interested in. Hopefully this will teach me a lesson 8-}

0 Kudos
JB00

If it makes you feel any better John I'm in the exact same boat, bought my stick 2 days after you did and put it off cuz I was watching other things. After researching I found you had 90 days from activation to claim the apple tv offer, so I felt like I had some time. According to Gail on Roku chat the offer ended in Dec '23, so a bit confused. There are other ways to get this and similar offers apparently like buying another apple device as a new sub just research first

0 Kudos