Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Derekparker
Channel Surfer

This old house app won’t start up. Stuck on logo screen

on all my different Roku tv’s and devices, the this old house app won’t load.   It gets stuck on first screen of the house with the toh logo.    I uninstalled and reinstalled and system reset etc.     I notified TOH insider website and they said they will look into it.   

started yesterday and still going on.   

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: This old house app won’t start up. Stuck on logo screen

Hi @Derekparker,

Thanks for keeping the Roku Community posted!

We appreciate you flagging us about this channel playback issue with This Old House channel. Thank you as well for the troubleshooting effort.

If you're still seeing the same issue on the app, We've got additional troubleshooting provided by our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Let us know what you find out!

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Derekparker
Channel Surfer

Still doing same thing on day 3 now.   This old house channel won’t load up on any of my Roku devices.    It will load up on my Amazon fire stick.    

0 Kudos
Derekparker
Channel Surfer

Still doing same thing on day 3 now.   This old house channel won’t load up on any of my Roku devices.    It will load up on my Amazon fire stick.    

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Derekparker,

Thanks for the prompt response!

We would suggest connecting your device to an alternative network, like a mobile hotspot, and then trying again to see if that works.

If the problem persists, please let us know the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

We'll be able to flag the appropriate Roku team once we this information available.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Derekparker
Channel Surfer

IMG_7526.jpeg

It does this on all three of my Roku tvs and even my Roku ultra device.  All tvs and ultra device have the most current software update.    I have deleted the app and reinstalled it and same thing happens.   If I use an Amazon firestick to load the this old house app it will work on firestick.  But on my Roku devices and TVs, if I click on the this old house app, this screen above comes on and it never goes farther than that.   It is just frozen at this screen and I have to hit home button to pick a different app

0 Kudos
Derekparker
Channel Surfer

IMG_7527.jpeg

This is the tracker id.   
also it does it whether I am on a wireless network or a wired network.     Again if I use a firestick connected to the tv this old house app works fine.  If I use my Roku ultra connected to same tv it does not.   I have theee other Hisense Roku TVs and have same problem.    This started 3 days ago.   

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Derekparker,

Thanks for the additional report and for sharing extra details!

We'll take it from here, and we'll forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have information available, we'll make sure to ping you here.

Stay tuned!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Derekparker
Channel Surfer

If I log into guest mode the this old house app will load and work.    

0 Kudos
Derekparker
Channel Surfer

So if I am logged into my Roku account it doesn’t work but does on guest mode.  

0 Kudos