Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robel
Binge Watcher

The channel called Roku channel is not working

My roku works fine but the built in channel which is called roku channel is not working even the live tv on roku channel is not either working too.

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: The channel called Roku channel is not working

@Robel 

If you can post some more specific info, like exactly what ROKU device do you have and exactly what is happening? "Don't work" can mean just about anything, then maybe someone can help you.

0 Kudos
Robel
Binge Watcher

It is roku premium and by meaning doesn't work i mean it won' t load movies or even on the live tv channel it shows the epg but when it is opened it goes black screen.

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

@Robel 

I have never heard of A ROKU premium. No such ROKU is listed here:

https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md

or here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku

Go to the home page settings > system > about >>. that is all the info about your ROKU the ">" means the right hand key by OK.

0 Kudos
Robel
Binge Watcher

I mean roku premiere

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

@Robel 

OK, I have an old Premiere (3920X), I haven't used for awhile. I hooked it up. When to settings > system > software update. It had Software version 11.5. I did the update to version 12. Roku restarted, I tried a show at random. father knows best, and it played OK. So, if I suggest check what software version you have, If it's not version 12, I'd update and try the ROKU channel again. If that didn't work I was going to remove the ROKU channel, restart he ROKU and then reinstall it. That's my best guess. If that doesn't fix it. I have no idea.

0 Kudos
Robel
Binge Watcher

It Doesn't work 

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

@Robel 

Well then I'm out of ideas. Do any other channels have work? If they do, then as I said, I have no clue, sorry.

0 Kudos
Robel
Binge Watcher

Ya everything works fine except for the roku channel and the live tv

0 Kudos
Robel
Binge Watcher

I even used smart dns used vpn but not helping

0 Kudos