Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnnygoonz
Level 8

The Roku blog specifically says the CBC TV app has the Olympics, but it does not

Jump to solution

Trying to watch Olympic coverage in Canada and it seems like there straight up isn't a way? Despite https://www.roku.com/blog/en-ca/olympics-ca this article. The CBC TV app has only local stations. Is there something else I should be doing?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: The Roku blog specifically says the CBC TV app has the Olympics, but it does not

Jump to solution

@johnnygoonz

Thanks for the inquiry.

It's possible that the content you are try to watch may be unavailable during the time you are trying to view due to the time difference and will only be shown during live broadcasts.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Obed
Level 7

Re: The Roku blog specifically says the CBC TV app has the Olympics, but it does not

Jump to solution

Right. I have the same problem in Victoria only I can't even get CBC to install on the TV even though it says "Installed" on the web site. When I try to install on the Roku TV I get "Channel install failed". My service provider is Shaw so my IP must be local. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@johnnygoonz

Thanks for the inquiry.

It's possible that the content you are try to watch may be unavailable during the time you are trying to view due to the time difference and will only be shown during live broadcasts.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
johnnygoonz
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's the same regardless of time of day, and even when I know there are popular events on - it's just the local news channels for a bunch of different cities and nothing else. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@johnnygoonz

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos