Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bertrand00
Binge Watcher

Re: The Roku Channel (on firestick) playback errors

If you're based in the UK like me, I tried every vpn connection available until giving up. 

I then found a travel vpn box, the GL.iNet mango I got, and roku live channels work but the series and box sets stuff doesn't. But I got what I need  so I'm not bothered  

Set my vpn to usa as usual but I  connect to the mango wifi, which is plugged in to my BT fibre router . Getting surfshark on the mango was a 'mare for me and I got it working by luck in the end. 

If the firestick roku app doesn't work at all...

Search for 'roku firestick apk' and sideload that version to the stick using 'easy fire tools' and your phone. 

0 Kudos
DB1313
Reel Rookie

I am in the United States. It plays on my phone but not on my television. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DB1313,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're here to help. May we ask when you started seeing the issue? Are there any recent changes on your Roku device, perhaps in the setup or settings, that might cause the problem? Does the issue only occur on a specific show of the channel or all channels on your Roku device? Could you also tell us the specific troubleshooting steps you have taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Roku team,

Haven’t seen you offer a single fix for this problem with Firestick, since the start of this thread almost a year ago. Does your product just not work with Amazon Firesticks?

0 Kudos
Bertrand00
Binge Watcher

It worked briefly last week without my travel vpn box, see earlier posts. But now I have to use the box again. Its intermittent.  

Roku didn't have a fix, the TV show didn't reply. For £30 I got a glinet mango and installed my vpn on that. Live roku plays but the box set stuff doesn't, but thats fine

If you have a router already that you can install a vpn to, then thats an option too. My BT fibre hub doesn't allow it so I bought the mango. 

0 Kudos