Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arizman2
Channel Surfer

Re: The Roku Channel (on firestick) playback errors

Is it necessary to use a VPN?  Maybe someone at ROKU meddled with hardware or software and now the infrastructure is looking for more specific information about the user and the vpn is triggering it to shut you down

try without being hooked up via a VPN and see what happens

0 Kudos
arizman2
Channel Surfer

Is it necessary to use a VPN? Maybe someone at ROKU meddled with hardware or software and now the infrastructure is looking for more specific information about the user and the vpn is triggering it to shut you down

try without being hooked up via a VPN and see what happens

0 Kudos
arizman2
Channel Surfer

the "outage" business on the roku channel, for the issue described in this thread, is completely bogus and unrelated to the issue

Bertrand00
Binge Watcher

hi, for me in Britain if I don't use an American based vpn then I cant get past the roku loading welcome page.  Ive just tried again to check.  

0 Kudos
arizman2
Channel Surfer

Sorry to hear that

we just had the same problem and we are using US VPN access points in several west coast US cities.  I decided to access ROKU without the VPN and it works a treat.  Connect via VPN, no dice.

Maybe ROKU has done something

Lucky98

I had the same issues. I am using Private Internet Access on my Firestick. If you turn off the VPN for the Roku Channel it will work. 

0 Kudos
Bertrand00
Binge Watcher

Hi,

The problem i have is if I don't use ipvanish and set it to an American location, roku won't get past the welcome page.

So I close the app, delete cache, set ipvanish to new york or atlanta and rich eisen plays. But doesn't play again now, after 2 good weeks. 

The live shows played but the backlog / historical shows wouldn't play at all.  

I have roku app 1.0 on the firestick. 

0 Kudos

Same as others won't play any channel for months now. changing locations on Surfshark Vpn. Uninstaller it reinstalled. Same problem.

App version 1.0.70

0 Kudos
Bertrand00
Binge Watcher

To save me living in any hope, is roku channel and/or rich eisen show blocked or available in Britain anyway? I am using  a vpn after all. 

Or could be an app issue.

Or an ipvanish issue.  vpn's tend to work differently depending on the app being used. 

0 Kudos
Bertrand00
Binge Watcher

Hi Carly, 

Has anything come of this? It worked for a few weeks only. 

0 Kudos