Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrissic21

The Roku Channel (on firestick) playback errors

Same playback error with firestick 4k purchased in 2021. Roku 1.0.70. Updated, uninstallex, reinstalled with no change. Live television works but all other programming on the app reads playback error. Unfortunately we were unable to play this content. Please try again later. 

That's it. Can't attach screenshot but same complaint as all the others. 

34 REPLIES 34
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel (on firestick) playback errors

Hi Community users,
Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!
We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the issue you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We are looking forward to your response.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bertrand00
Binge Watcher

Hi

I've had mayhem trying to fix this too.

I only watch rich eisen show and it suddenly stopped playing, with the playback error. I'm in UK. 

Found a solution..  Set vpn for a new york server, and it plays OK now for me. 

I was using Atlanta vpn for ages and it stopped working about 2 weeks ago. 

Hope it helps 

0 Kudos

Hello I have a new firestick and started having the same problem with playback issues with all shows and I am using expressvpn

0 Kudos
Bertrand00
Binge Watcher

Since I posted my answer, mines stopped working with ipvanish for several US cities.  

I only want to watch rich eisen but can't.

Roku channel app version 1, on firestick 4k ive got .

Would anyone know if a roku stick would work for my needs ? 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Homechef1970 @Bertrand00,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand that you're seeing a playback error when trying to access the channel on your devices.

To better understand, could you tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? In addressing the case, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Once we have a clearer grasp of the situation, we will be able to recommend the appropriate next steps.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Bertrand00
Binge Watcher

Hi

I get this message on the screen on my firestick and my phone. Image attached

I've been watching the rich eisen show on Channel 210 with ipvanish set for Atlanta, only since October 2022. I'm in the UK. 

The past month I've had to change the vpn to new york (I eventually found out) after clearing cache, uninstaling and trying all sorts of fixes. 

But the new york vpn lasted 3 days or so and now I cant get past the error screen, attached. 

Thats from my phone, but its the same screen on the roku channel 

Screenshot_20230713-161431_Roku.jpg

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bertrand00,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Please be aware that there is an outage going on in The Roku Channel and rest assured that our team is currently working on it to fix the issue as soon as possible as we are committed to reaching your satisfaction. Once more information is available, we will make sure to update the Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bertrand00
Binge Watcher

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply. That's good news , at least its recognised as a fault somewhere.  

0 Kudos
Bertrand00
Binge Watcher

Hi Carly, 

Further to my earlier messages, its been working for around 2 weeks, thanks.

Its gone again though, stopped yesterday.  Any option i choose to watch, it shows the same on screen message as before and fails to play. 

0 Kudos