Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unavailable Roku Channel on Samsung Smart TV

Greetings Community users!

We see that this issue may have been affecting a couple of users and we appreciate for keeping this thread posted.

We'd like to provide an update about this and please do share with us the TV model which you're having an issue with.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Northsouth
Reel Rookie

OK, mine are a UN60ks5800 fx (software vs 1260) and a un32j5500.  At a keyboard now, so let me clarify my last post.   The Roku app had worked on both TV till about 10 days ago.  

I mentioned the Weatherchannel only because it is another (stand alone) app that stopped loading on these Samsungs after working several months ago.   There are really very few that don't work, which is why I mentioned it.    Don't know if the two use any similar data calls/structures/permissions  etc...  Good luck with your efforts.   

0 Kudos
MrDee

Re: The Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable on Samsung TV

SAMSUNG UN55JU6400FXZA built in app stopped working . I uninstalled the app. Reinstalled the app. I'm plugged modem. I'm plugged router. Restarted modem. Plugged in router and restarted. Plugged in the TV. The Wi-Fi. The Roku app comes on with purple page with Roku then it goes right to Temporary unavailable. 4 weeks now. I can get Roku on my cell phone through my internet. Roku on cell phone Can't find TV to connect. Even though it's on the same Wi-Fi.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MrDee,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for keeping us updated!

We appreciate the information that you have provided to us, and we will pass along this information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
r68by

I’m experiencing the same thing. I had same thing happen with crackle and Samsung support said my 65” TV could load larger apps. If Roku changed their software your Samsung TV may no longer be usable without an external box. I’ll not buy another Samsung TV.

0 Kudos
Will79
Reel Rookie

I have recently ran across issues with my Samsung TV where all the sudden my wifi continuously drops on TV plus YouTube ect and so i was told it was the wifi card, so I bought a new old stock one, still same issue! Then I was told main board, I replaced it with new old stock board same issue!  Then the picture flipped upside-down, then turned purple then no sound! I was informed Samsung glitches out there tvs as they get to certain age, and apparently it's got code that runs a certain time period before messing tv up! my tv started freezing all the time after the 1260 update and then the above mentioned glitches. All up until I bought new main board and just didn't connect the TV back online and got a trusty ruku stick! Dang Samsung! I'll never buy another Samsung tv cellphone washer dryer fridge freezer dishwasher oven stove or anything ever again! 

0 Kudos
kdudley

I called about this and went through a lot of troubleshooting with two levels of support so if you guys are working on this, no one in your support group knows about it. In fact both said they had never heard of the issue.  My TV is a UN55KS8500, software version 1260.1. I've also spoken to Samsung support. They really can't help because nothing has changed on the TV since before the Roku app stopped working.  At the same time all of these other users started experiencing the same issue. It would appear that the app is the common denominator. Any update would be appreciated.  I  am currently paying for a service that I  an not use. Very frustrating. 

SergeI

Same problem as everyone is reporting here. About 2-3 weeks ago the built-in Roku Channel app—that has worked fine for years—

on our Samsung UN32J5500AF stopped working. It reports:

The Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable.

Please try again in a few minutes.

No issues with any other apps on the TV. No issues on our TVs that use Roku devices. The fact that this problem was first reported at least three weeks ago and still not resolved is disappointing to learn. 

image.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We appreciate you providing all these details here in the Roku Community!

We have forwarded your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible. We are dedicated to finding a solution to your concerns, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LisaCW

Re: Roku Channel will not open

Im receiving the same message and I cant get Roku to respond to me. This is working on my third week with this issue. Need some help!

Thanks

0 Kudos