Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bisto
Reel Rookie

Tennis tv keeps crashing only on Roku

My tennis tv keeps crashing while loading, sending me back to homepage. There is no REMOVE CHANNEL option. Only MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION. The problem is only on Roku.

Thanks

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Tennis tv keeps crashing only on Roku

@Bisto

Thanks for the post.

You will need to first unsubscribe to the channel, then you will be able to remove the channel. Once you have removed the channel, make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order. Once you've added the channel back again, you can then re-subscribe to the channel.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

I too am having the same issue with the Tennis Tv App. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the App, but I did not unsubscribe, so I will try your suggestions. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Masoudasd

I have the same issue and this solution didn't solve it. Did it work for you? 

0 Kudos
ldankner
Channel Surfer

Same issue. Will try again, but what is really weird is that I can access it during the day on the Roku, but never at night!!!! Also did report this to the streamer, but wondering if it isn't a glitch with Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you are having a channel playback issue with the Tennis channel. 

Just to verify, are all other streaming channels playing content normally? 

Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support 

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DS61821
Channel Surfer

I'm having this problem too. It even crashes while watching a match. I did was suggested but wasn't able to Sign In before it crashed again. So very disappointing.

0 Kudos
ldankner
Channel Surfer

Tennis TV and Roku is a disaster. If you look at the Tennis TV website, and look for help at the very bottom, you will see that they know that there are issues with Roku. This has been true since they went to the new app. I had to cancel my subscription since nothing has been done for many months.  My problem was that you couldn’t fast forward or rewind on replays.

0 Kudos
DS61821
Channel Surfer

I had many issues with Roku and Tennis Channel App. I missed an hour of French Open fighting it. I went online to Tennis Channel and submitted a report. A guy named Sasha got back to me and said it was a streaming issue on their end which they resolved.  I immediately went to the Roku app and it was working normally again. I tried watching the Tennis Channel on my computer (same log in credentials as with app on Roku) and had issues there too.

I'm learning that the Tennis Channel app on Roku is largely due to streaming issues which mucks up the app for Roku. Sasha wrote: "I am happy to inform you that the platform is now up and running. Please reload the page, logging out and logging back in can also help to refresh the access. You may also try to restart your browser/device and stream again." I suggest in the future to contact Tennis Channel support immediately with your issues. I was impressed with how quickly they got back to me and resolved the issue. 

0 Kudos
ldankner
Channel Surfer

So supposedly the tennis channel Roku issue is now fixed?

0 Kudos