Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMH3
Channel Surfer

Tennis Channel won’t open & unable to uninstall/reinstall

Jump to solution

Tennis channel tries to load, but fails and goes back to home page. Also noted that this coincided with icon graphic change from green to black which might be coincidence. The failure to open issue has persisted for the past 24 hours. I’ve rebooted both Roku box which is Ultra LT model and router and manually updated Roku and Tennis Channel, but TC still won’t open. I also can’t remove the TC from home page even after going to Roku.com and cancelling the TC subscription. The intent was to cancel the subscription followed by uninstalling and reinstalling the channel. After cancelling the subscription, when I press the * key on the Roku remote, there still is no option to remove app.

An additional issue over the most several weeks is Roku continuously requiring me to log into TC.

I have no problems opening and viewing TC app on my tablet. The issue is with the TC channel on my TV using Roku. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tennis Channel won’t open & unable to uninstall/reinstall

Jump to solution

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are unable to stream the Tennis channel. We're happy to assist.

Could you give the basic troubleshooting sequence below a try?
  1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue persists, we highly suggest that you contact channel support, as they may know about this issue. Further, they are the best ones who could assist you with their channel functionality on the Roku platform.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
danlc
Reel Rookie

Tennis Channel Plus stopped working overnight

Jump to solution

I paid also $109 7/04/2023 and cannot get tennis plus and have no tennis.  Tennis plus says it is roku problem however they have not fixed the problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tennis Channel Plus stopped working overnight

Jump to solution

Hi @danlc,

Thanks for the post!

We understand and would like to take a closer look into this issue you're running into.

Could you tell us more about this? Are you seeing an error message? Is this an isolated case for this channel only? If so, are you accessing a standalone channel or under The Roku Channel premium subscription?

With more detailed information, we will be able to recommend the appropriate next steps.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
danlc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I purchased the tennis channel + thru Roku for $109, I stream Roku using tennis channel+ and the app is trying to load the tennis program and it fails. I have not been able to watch one show. I cannot get the tennis channel since Roku is not a cable provider of the tennis channel. Roku is working properly for all my other channels since I watch mainly you-tube-tv. It appears that this app is not working properly.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @danlc,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having problems streaming with Tennis Channel +. We're happy to help. In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. Please follow the steps below:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mynoles

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.   It seems to have coincided with YTTV adding T2 back in.   As we speak today, there are 6 active "Live" screens that should be showing matches on the Plus network.   This does not count the "main" TC that we are unable to get without a cable account.   There is NO error message.   It says it is loading and then the green spinning wheel.  It never comes back or times out.   

That is fine, and I would be OK with this if I could just cancel and get a refund of my $109.   You can stop the auto-renew but cannot cancel and get a refund.   However, there is no option to contact someone and tell them it is broke.   We should not have to pay for something that has stopped working.   I guess we could have our Credit Card company cancel - that would get some attention........

0 Kudos
danlc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tennis channel did not have a remove channel category. I went in the back door by using streaming store, search, tennis channel, remove channel with * and then removed the tennis channel. I followed the instructions that were outlined in this reply and I now have tennis + working.

0 Kudos
Mitchy1

Tennis Channel App Not Working

Jump to solution

The Tennis Channel App does not work.  It cycles back to the Roku homepage.  How can I delete the app and re-install?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tennis Channel won’t open & unable to uninstall/reinstall

Jump to solution

@JMH3-

When you cancel future payments for a channel subscribed to through Roku, the subscription remains in force until your pre-paid subscription period expires.  The way Roku is set up now, there is no way via the Roku user interface to remove the channel while the subscription is still active. 

Try using the official Roku remote app on an Android/iOS phone/tablet connected to one of the Rokus on your account. At the bottom of the first screen, click Search and do a search for the installed channel name. On the resulting screen you should get options to Launch the channel on your Roku, or Remove the channel. I've never tried to remove a subscribed-thru-Roku channel (I haven't had one for years) but some have reported this worked for them even while the subscription is still active.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tennis Channel App Not Working

Jump to solution

@Mitchy1-

See: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Tennis-Channel-won-t-open-amp-unable-to-uninstall-rei...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.