Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mydogsfish
Reel Rookie

Tablo not working with ROKU

We are new to cutting the cord. Installer recommended we get TABLO to corral live channels. We purchased Tablo in December 2023 and since we've had it, there are only two weeks that it has worked. Any live program you watch will stay on for a few minutes to a couple of hours. Then it turns off and defaults to the ROKU home page. I've put in multiple tickets to TABLO and they state they are aware it isn't working with ROKU and unknown how long it will take to fix. It appears this issue has been going on for some time. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this same issue with TABLO/ROKU and if you found a work around? I've removed and updated apps. I've powered and cycled down the tablo nothing works. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
ScottEMC
Reel Rookie

Re: Tablo not working with ROKU

The Tablo app seems to be loaded with bugs.  We can barely get through a show without stoppage.

Here is a partial list of bugs:

At the end of many programs – especially if I am recording it – the Tablo go back to the guide at the end of the show.  Even if I load it from the channel number.

If loading a show from the guide – while its being recorded – it may not allow rewind to the beginning of the show

It now shows 2 copies of a show in the library while I am recording it.

Lip sync gets way off sometimes – no pattern here.

Need an option to load the guide at startup.  It takes to long to load all of the “suggested” shows.

If watching a show on a weak channel, it crashes.

Sometimes you can select a live show from the guide and nothing happens at all.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@ScottEMC, you should report those to Tablo.  Roku doesn't have anything to do with their app.  Start here:

https://community.tablotv.com/

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mydogsfish
Reel Rookie

Tablo won’t do anything about it. This was the biggest waste of money ever getting a Tablo. Tablo and Roku have had issues for years. If you scroll through the previous complaints you can see how long it’s been going on.  I complained numerous times to Tablo filed numerous tickets and all they did was tell me they were working on it. They still haven’t fixed it. I turned them over to the Better Business Bureau. BBB wasn’t much help. The other day I got an email from Tablo wanting me to refer them to others to sign up. **bleep** no. They defraud the public

0 Kudos