Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCM content hasn't been updated. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Looks like it's fixed. Over 100 new film listings arrived today!

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Pompey
Roku Guru

Something is still wrong. There is no option to add on-demand movies to my watch list.

Also, you can't watch them. They just seem to be thumbnails.

"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos
chambolle
Channel Surfer

Same here. The thumbnails lead nowhere as far as I can tell.

0 Kudos
Pompey
Roku Guru

What's funny is that you CAN watch the movies at the website by clicking them in the main list.  There is NO option to add them to your watch list.  I will test the android app later and see .......

"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos
chambolle
Channel Surfer

Doesn’t work in iOS/Safari on my ipad. Haven’t tried my windows laptop yet.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

I was down to 1 item in my watchlist but I noticed it was shown as empty.  I had been logged out, so I logged back into Watch TCM and authenticated with my Directv account**.  My missing watchlist item was then restored.

After logging in (didn't try before logging in) new entries, when viewed, did have the +WATCHLIST button and could be added.  When I tried to watch them, though, all I got was the progression of Cs in various type styles that serves as a buffer indication on TCM.  My one remaining pre-existing item from before this cockup occurred, Eating Raoul, loaded and ran in 2-3 seconds.

So there's been progress, I guess, but we're not home yet.  At least they seem to be working on it. 

Meanwhile I've been able to view a few things via my Directv TCM on-demand.

** Even in the best of times Watch TCM requires me to re-login so often that I've put a shortcut to tcm.com/activate/?platform=roku on both my tablet's and phone's home screens.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
Pompey
Roku Guru

Certain, but not all, movies will play on a Windows PC in Firefox browser. They only play from the main list. If you click the "info" link in the thumbnail, there are no options to "play" or "add to watchlist." 

The android app is equally wonky.  So, the various distribution silos are not even synchronized.  Hope they get their act together. 

0 Kudos
chambolle
Channel Surfer

As of July 12, many new movies added to the list, but only those added at least ten days ago or so will play. The short clips for all movies seem to work. This is using safari to get to the website, the app via an ipad, or the app through a roku box and a sony bravia flat panel.

Has anyone got full functionality yet?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

There appears to be SOME limited progress.

These are the latest entries I've received as of this writing, most recent first.  The ones in Bolded Type consistently play okay for me, in repeated tries.  The unbolded ones fail in repeated tries:

• The All American Boy
  • Shaft
  • The Goodbye Girl
  • The Fortune
  • The Candidate
  • Razorback
  • Of Unknown Origin
  • Night of the Lepus

I don't know why some work and some don't.  Stored on different servers, perhaps?  But it does look like they are working on it.

0 Kudos
chambolle
Channel Surfer

Dang, you’re right. A few newer (recently added) movies will play in the app. Most still will not, but all of the short clips do play.

They must have a team of hamsters running in little wheels, busily downloading content. 

0 Kudos