Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: TCM content hasn't been updated. Is anybody else experiencing this?

@makaiguy 

All I know is what I'm seeing here. Before I click "recently added". then "new to old" Cleopatra Jones is 1st. After, the new stuff shows up. If it helps Verizon is my ISP. I use Cloudflare:

https://1.1.1.1/dns/

for DNS.

before.jpg

after.jpg

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@mop_891-

Choice of DNS has nothing to do with it.

Recently Added is the default for displaying the available films.  The most recent addition will be shown first.

If you change from Recently Added to one of the other choices, it changes the sort order for displaying the list of available films.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

@makaiguyok whatever just trying to help.

0 Kudos
Pompey
Roku Guru

It's not just the Roku channel; the TCM website has also not updated the On Demand movie list since last week.  I authenticate my access through Astound/RCN cable.  I hope bad things are not happening with TCM .... it is my favorite movie streaming source, as well.  It would be sorely missed.

"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
chambolle
Channel Surfer

I thought this was a comcast/xfinity issue; but no. Nothing has been added to the ‘watch tcm’ lineup since ‘Cleopatra Jones’ whether I go to the tcm web site; access watch tcm via roku; or use the watch tcm app on my ipad.

There’s been no explanation from any source. TCM support is mum. Comcast support has no clue. I even ordered a new set-top cable box thinking that might be the problem. At least I now know I’m not the Lone Ranger… but that’s little consolation.

Thank heavens for The Criterion Channel or I’d be going through withdrawal like Sinatra in ‘The Man With The Golden Arm.’

0 Kudos
Johnny60
Channel Surfer

Screenshot 2023-07-07 20.18.17.png

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Johnny60-

GOOD FIND!  There's hope yet!

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Sounds like in addition to "firing" a bunch of movies/TV shows, they must also have fired many of their IT people...

chambolle
Channel Surfer

Ten days into this outage, I’d say ‘technical difficulties’ is indeed ‘corporate speak.’ Translated into plain English, it means ‘we’re shutting this down until we decide how we’re going to monetize access to movies on demand.’

Best case: annual subscription, a la Criterion Channel. Worst case, pay per view.

Pompey
Roku Guru

I couldn't agree more .... I had been thinking this same thing over the weekend.  If it were a "technical problem",  how come the "Watch Live" function worked perfectly?  I believe that there is going to be a WB subscription, with TCM on-demand content folded into it.  This is sad; but predictable.

As time goes on, we will be paying as much, if not more, for these streaming packages as we ever paid for the "cable provider model."  So it goes......

"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos