Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pamagentry

TCM Not working on Roku even though AT&T U-verse subscriber

I can’t get Watch TCM to work, even though I’m an AT&T U-verse customer with TCM (ch 790 or 1790HD). Roku keeps giving me the message “Sorry, your cable subscription does not include this content” If I click over to cable I can watch it on two different channels. What is wrong because it’s not on AT&T U-verse end but ROKU. I’d like to watch TCM on Roku so I don’t have to keep switching back & forth from my cable to Roku. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
pamagentry

Re: TCM Not working on Roku even though AT&T U-verse subscriber

I forgot to say I HAVE clicked “Accept” under the LEGAL UPDATE area. I’ve uninstalled (removed) & reinstalled “Watch TCM”. I thought it was finally going to work, I clicked on the movie, it gave me the following choices “Play” “Watchlist” “Host Intro” I clicked “Host Intro” & it worked!! … UNTIL I was given the “Play” prompt again. It gave me the message “Sorry, your cable subscription does not include this content” but I have TCM on my AT&T U-verse account. It’s given me two different messages. One saying title was not available at this time & the other I listed above. It seems to be Roku & TCM that’s the problem. I’ve been able to watch all the “Host intros” but “Play” fails every time. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCM Not working on Roku even though AT&T U-verse subscriber

I have encountered the same problem with Watch TCM on Roku and it can be extremely frustrating. My provider is DirecTV. 

Log out of the app then log back in to re-authenticate with your TV provider account.

When this starts for me, it seems to continue on for days at a time but then will clear up suddenly on its own.  Finally I put a shortcut to https://www.tcm.com/activate?platform=roku on my phone's home page so I can go straight there without having to type it in all the time.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos