Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martinjbrown
Level 7

TCL ROKU TVs need a way to manually tune to local stations.

Can’t find my local channels. I know the antennas pick it up as it’s within 30 miles, but the Roku TV only finds CBS affiliates in my area. I would like to watch sports, and by the way none of the streaming services offer Fox or NBC affiliates in my area with my ZIP Code.

I know the reason why is because it would not be a crystal clear channel, I do not care as I just want to watch the game and any quality.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL ROKU TVs need a way to manually tune to local stations.

This isn't really a Roku issue.  DTV channels generally come in crystal clear or not at all.  You can use https://www.fcc.gov/media/engineering/dtvmaps to see where that particular channel is broadcasting from so maybe you can better orient your antenna during the scan.  I've often wanted to be able to add a channel manually on various TVs, but I've rarely, if ever, seen it as an option.  You need to know the frequency it's using which with DTV has nothing to do with the channel number.  DTV uses the old UHF channels for the most part, so a good UHF antenna. is a must.  There's no such thing as an HDTV antenna in spite of the marketing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.