Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Weirsguy
Level 7

Switching to new device and YouTube TV

If I buy a new Roku player will all the apps I have now still be on it.

Asking since I use YouTube TV and I know that it is no longer in Roku app store. If I get a new ROku device will I lose my YouTube TV?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Switching to new device and YouTube TV

@Weirsguy-

As long as YouTubeTV is still on your Roku account, it SHOULD be added to any new Roku you add to the same account.

• DO NOT remove YouTubeTV from any Roku attached to this account.  Adding or removing a channel affects ALL Rokus attached to the account.  In the case of YouTubeTV once removed you would not be able to add it back in unless and until YouTubeTV and Roku settle their current carriage negotiations.
  • If the old Roku is your only current Roku, and the new one is intended to REPLACE the old one, DON'T unlink the old one from your Roku account on https:/mu.roku.com until after you've got the new one set up.  I don't really know if this would make a difference but better safe than sorry.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos