Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xunilhr
Reel Rookie

Suddenly the Volume to TOO Loud

I have 2 roku ultras doing this on hulu and max. Each have sound bars connected to the different Samsung tv's. Backing out and restarting program helps but shouldn't be required to do. Multiple updates have not fixed the issue and Roku seems to only respond with the generic, "need more information"

I have other brand streaming boxes that don't do this. Come on, Roku!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Suddenly the Volume to TOO Loud

Hi @xunilhr,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further, but we will need to gather more information. When did the issue start? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
xunilhr
Reel Rookie

Issue started more than 9 months ago on both Roku Ultras. I've tried every audio setting and nothing keeps it from coming back. More often, when it switches to a commercial, the sound goes blank for first 5 seconds. 

When it goes loud, it's max volume and very distorted. The simplest thing to do is back out and back in. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @xunilhr,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Max and Hulu channels. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Belles

I have the same issue with my Roku Ultra and Roku Premiere. Both are connected to Samsung TV’s only. The volume randomly gets louder to the point of distortion on any app that I watch. I have to cut the app off and start the app over for the volume to return to normal.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Belles.

We deeply apologize for all the inconvenience this may have caused. We'd be more than happy to look closely at the audio issues you are currently experiencing and get you back on streaming smoothly.

Before we proceed, are there any external audio devices or speakers connected to your TV as well? If so, please let us know the model. Also, please specify which channel you are having this issue with so we can try to review it. 

In the meantime, we suggest trying to connect your Roku Ultra and Premiere to a different HDMI port to see if this will make any difference.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to provide you with an accurate resolution.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos