Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meljo

Subscription to peacock for $5.99 on roku

If you sign up for a peacock subscription thru roku, are you not allowed to sign in on peacock with those credentials on a fire stick? In other words, is your subscription only good on roku? Would you have to subscribe on firestick too? Thanks 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Subscription to peacock for $5.99 on roku

Yes, like most (all?) platform payment systems, it only works on that platform.  Sometimes there are tricks you can play to expand to other platforms, but this depends on the content provider and might "break something".

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Subscription to peacock for $5.99 on roku

@Meljo, I know in the past when my sister signed up through Roku she was able to go on the Peacock website and attempt to log in using the email address attached to her Roku account (available on your Roku device under Settings->System->About) and use the "Forgot password" option to establish credentials (username and password) she could use anywhere.  Whether or not this method still works I couldn't say.  She wasn't trying to sign in on a Firestick, but I would think it would work.

Keep in mind that your Roku account password is never shared with any provider, so if you're trying to use that password somewhere else you're doing something wrong.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos