Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fodare
Reel Rookie

Streaming stops and breaks the browser

I've watch Roku on my PC normally for a long time, now every time I try it will play for a minute or two and then stop. And the entire browser locks up, I can't back out, I can't restart or even manipulate the play bar. I have to close out the browser. Does this for all shows, and it's been happening for almost a week now.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streaming stops and breaks the browser

Greetings @fodare 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding using your Roku device with your PC.

What specific Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into a USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried plugging in the Roku device to another display or TV to see if you are experiencing the same playback issue you are currently seeing?

Please keep us posted and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fodare
Reel Rookie

Dude, I said I'm using my PC and browser. I'm using Firefox.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @fodare 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing.

It wasn't clear from your post if you were streaming The Roku Channel or connecting a Roku device to a PC to stream content, so we apologize for the confusion. Have you tried clearing your web browser cookies and cache to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing with playback? In addition, have you tried using another browser to see if the same issue occurs?

Please keep us posted with the above information and we will continue to assist you should you need further aid. We look forward to hearing your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fodare
Reel Rookie

The problem seems to be only occurring in firefox, it plays fine in chrome.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@fodare 

Thanks for the response. 

As you mentioned, the site plays fine in Chrome, which suggests that the issue may be specific to Firefox. You can try clearing your browser cache and cookies. Additionally, you can check if there are any updates available for Firefox, or try disabling any browser extensions or add-ons that could be causing conflicts.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos