Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob102

Re: Streaming Newsmax Channel on Roku

If you have the current Newsmax app, you will need to update the app. I also had to do a system restart to get it to work right (continued to load Newsmax2). After that I could log in to NMPlus with my username and password. Works fine—it just took a bit of doing figure out how to make it work. 

0 Kudos
parkstammie
Reel Rookie

Solution to Newsmax on Roku

You have to go to the Newsmax box on Roku tv and hit the star button, then go down to update the app. then you can log in with your info to Newmax plus.

Yet, still, I have to login EVERYTIME I want to watch newsmax plus.  I need to know the answer to that problem

0 Kudos
parkstammie
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming Newsmax Channel on Roku

Go to your Newsmax block (Dont click to open) and press the star button . scroll down to update.  This will update your old Newsmax to the Newsmax plus.

The only problem I'm having now is that I have to log in often.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Solution to Newsmax on Roku

@parkstammie wrote:

Yet, still, I have to login EVERYTIME I want to watch newsmax plus.  I need to know the answer to that problem

You need to contact Newsmax about that. It's their app. But it certainly shouldn't work that way. From the sounds of it, they really rushed their conversion to a paid service and they didn't do a good job with their app. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos