Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techcats2

Streaming Newsmax Channel on Roku

The same we cannot watch Newmax through Roku TV live tv channel. We get in and a few minutes we get kicked out. It is aggravating. The only way I can watch Newsmax live is through Pluto live tv or Youtube live Newmax channel. I have had not had any complaints with Roku TV until this. Roku TV please fix this problem on your Roku TV live tv channel for Newsmax news. I want to watch it through Roku TV live channel and why is everyone having problems now that want to stream this new channel? Roku used to be reliable, stable streaming without interruptions or connecting issues to your favorite streaming channels and programs you want to watch. Roku please get this problem fixed please!

13 REPLIES 13
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming Newsmax Channel on Roku

Hi @techcats2,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with streaming the Newsmax channel on the Roku Live TV channel. Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play a content? Can you please try to restart the system and see if it will resolve the issue by going to Settings > System > System Restart?

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to assist and look further into this.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

Nothing is fixing this.  I have a roku TV and a ROKU App.  Well im going to have to get rid of its blasting lous and they dont care

Ive looked all over and tgere is no vollume leveler.

Im done

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BarbieMulle,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. May we know what kind of Roku device you're using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku stream bar, Roku TV-Specify)

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lupi
Channel Surfer

Newsmax has launched Newsmax+ starting 11/1/23. This is a paid service which supersedes the previous app for live show content. A log in and passcode is required. Roku needs to make this app available in its store so that those of us who subscribed can watch. Thank you!

mop_891
Roku Guru

newsmax needs to supply the app. I'd suggest contacting them.

0 Kudos
Lupi
Channel Surfer

They were contacted and said they are having issues with Roku but they didn’t elaborate on what those issues were but did say they should be resolved !1/2/23. 🤷‍♀️ 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Yes, Newsmax really messed up their changeover to a paid service. They said they would have a new version of their app available today. But they never said when, so it could still be hours from now. 

Just remember, Roku has nothing to do with this. They provide the platform, the providers create the apps for their service. Roku has no control over how the providers do that. They only check the apps for compliance with the terms of service before allowing them in the channel store. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
fhuyghe
Reel Rookie

we get paramount + and others by paying a subscription fee. Why not newsmax

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@fhuyghe wrote:

we get paramount + and others by paying a subscription fee. Why not newsmax

Newsmax has updated their app/channel, and it now works for Newsmax+. Do a manual update check to make sure you have the latest version of the channel.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.