Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GRBC
Reel Rookie

Stormy Monday in The Roku Channel has no sound

I’m trying to watch the movie Stormy Monday on The Roku Channel but it has no sound. I’ve tried to watch it on my TV and my phone and I experience the same problem. I don’t have that problem with anything else on the menu so I think it’s an issue with the movie itself. Has anyone else experienced this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
diana658h

Re: Stormy Monday in The Roku Channel has no sound

@GRBC wrote:

I’m trying to watch the movie Stormy Monday on The Roku Channel but it has no sound. I’ve tried to watch it on my TV and my phone and I experience the same problem. I don’t have that problem with anything else on the menu so I think it’s an issue with the movie itself. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello, @GRBC 

You’re not alone in experiencing sound issues with the movie “Stormy Monday” on The Roku Channel. If the problem is isolated to this specific movie and occurs across different devices, it’s likely an issue with the movie’s audio on the channel itself.

While waiting for a potential fix from The Roku Channel, you might want to try the following general troubleshooting steps to see if they help:

Restart the App: Close and reopen The Roku Channel app on your devices.
Check for Updates: Ensure that The Roku Channel app is updated to the latest version.
Reboot Devices: Restart your TV and phone to clear any temporary glitches.
Check Audio Settings: Go to the audio settings on your Roku device and ensure they are configured correctly. see here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755518

I hope this step is helpful for you.

Best Regard,
diana658h

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

When it first starts playing, press the Up arrow to get to "Captions & audio track" and then go down to "Audio track" and choose "Other".  You can also get there by pressing * on your remote while the video is playing and then going to "Accessibility & language".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy

@renojim wrote:

When it first starts playing, press the Up arrow to get to "Captions & audio track" and then go down to "Audio track" and choose "Other".  You can also get there by pressing * on your remote while the video is playing and then going to "Accessibility & language".

My system only shows one available audio track for Stormy Monday, "English (US)",  so there is no other track to try.  Checked on a Streaming Stick 3600 and an Ultra 4800.  I get no audio on either.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
renojim

@makaiguy, interesting.  On both my 4800 and 3600 I get two audio tracks with one being labeled "Other - Dolby audio".  On my 3920, I only get the silent "English" track.  On the TRC website when I could get it to play at all (today I can't), it only had the silent English track.

Even if I pick the "Other" track, while I get audio, the video is unwatchable as it's very jerky.  So I can get a good video and no sound or a jerky video with sound.  🙂

@RokuMary-F  might want to take a look at this messed up movie.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
GRBC
Reel Rookie

Thanks to everyone for your tips. Unfortunately, it seems to be a problem with the movie itself. I only have the English audio track as an option but it doesn’t seem to be working in this movie.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Paging @RokuMaryEF - as RokuMary-F has an updated username.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to assure you that we take this matter seriously and will promptly escalate it to the appropriate Roku team for a thorough investigation and necessary corrections.

Your continuous support and patience as we work on this are highly appreciated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
GRBC
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately, this movie continues to be without sound. It’s a shame because it’s supposed to be pretty good.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.