Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan52669
Channel Surfer

Stop playing spanish commercials in usa!

Please stop playing forgien language commercials in the U.S.A. 

23 REPLIES 23
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Stop playing spanish commercials in usa!

Hello @Dan52669

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What title were you watching? What channel were you watching content on?

With more detailed information, we will be able to look further into this issue.

Regards,
Karla

Lalalulu2
Channel Surfer

It’s on all channels. Just stop it. This is America and we speak English. 

Rokrew
Binge Watcher

100% agree with you. I wound up removing all my home page ads because all of them became Spanish. 

Current rate I wind up hitting mute since there's no bypassing commercials. 

HippGordo
Reel Rookie

We are Americans and we speak English.  If you come to USA legally or illegally, speak English.  Roku is unAmerican if it will not remove Spanish commercials from English speaking programs. 

Rokrew
Binge Watcher

Welcome to my **bleep**. More than half of my home page ads are in Spanish. Prior to the latest update there was a secret menu that allowed you to remove all of the ads on the homepage/main menu...but now that trickery no longer works. 

rogerk55

What can we do to get rid of the commercials in Spanish, other than boycotting all the businesses that run them? If I want to see commercials in Spanish, I will go to Mexico.

Rokrew
Binge Watcher

The problem is there was a way to block ads on the homepage but it got disabled. Spanish ads are a mild annoyance,but I don't needs ads for The Boogeyman and other horror films for my kid to see. 

Dan52669
Channel Surfer

@BK2NC this has nothing to do with racism. 

It is just an option that customers don't want to see while using the service. 

Strega2
Roku Guru

On commercial TV, advertisers are the customers.  The customers probably don’t enjoy the idea that some of their ads are getting to people who can’t understand them, but that happens with advertising and that’s really their issue to deal with.  Of course, the customers always want the most bang for the buck, so, you might try contacting them to see if they know how badly targeted their ads are, in your case.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos