Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrognToad
Reel Rookie

Starz App Fails to launch on Roku Premiere

Jump to solution

Scenario:

• My Starz app is unable to launch. I have performed all of the troubleshooting steps provided by Roku and Starz.
  • When attempting to launch my Starz app on my Roku, I see the Starz logo and then the circle starts spinning. It spins for a few seconds and immediately crashes.

Troubleshooting performed:

• I have uninstalled and reinstalled Starz channel on my Roku.
  • I have ensured my Starz channel & Roku device is up to date.
  • I have restarted and left my Roku device unplugged multiple times.
  • My Starz subscription is active, and works on other devices (non-Roku).

Issue ID/Serial number/Software

version and build:

Issue ID:

• 11-223-274

Serial Number:

• YH00MX167811 (JF527M167811)

Software Version & Build:

• 12.0.0 & Build 4184-91

Channel software version, if applicable:

• Version 4.5 Build 25

Anything else we should know?:

• My Starz app has been unable to launch. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps provided by Roku and Starz.
  • My internet connection is also steady, and high speed 35 mpbs when testing connection on my Roku directly.
  • I have also contacted Starz following the same trouble shooting steps, and their customer support stated it’s a problem with my Roku device.
  • My Roku device is a 3920RW-Roku Premiere

Can someone assist with my issue, please?

Thank you 🙂

#Starz #RokuPremiere

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cksunshine
Binge Watcher

Re: Starz App Fails to launch on Roku Premiere

Jump to solution

Guess what, Starz is working for me now!  It looks like they updated the Starz channel.  The previous version/build was Version 4.5 build 25.   Now it is Version 4.5 build 27.

I'd say try it again and see if the channel is now launching properly.  If it isn't, check the version of the Starz channel and see what it is, and if it is not build 27, update the channel and try again.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

One significant point - when you uninstalled and reinstalled the channel/app did you restart or unplug the power from your 3920 before you reinstalled it?  If not, try again ensuring that your restart your Roku before reinstalling.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
FrognToad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply,

Yes I have done that. I started experiencing the issue around a week ago, I have been attempting to troubleshoot since.

0 Kudos
cksunshine
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my Roku Streambar.  I have done everything they have told me to do to troubleshoot the problem with no results.  I know there were other people that had the same issue but with a Roku Express.  Unfortunately it looks like that topic was archived with no solutions.  I can use my Roku Premiere to successfully launch Starz, on the same tv as the Streambar, so I know that it is not the TV nor the Roku Premiere (for me).  Is this a new Roku Premiere or had you been able to launch Starz successfully prior to this?  For me, it has never successfully launched on the Streambar.  I wish I could help, and I wish we could get some answers.

0 Kudos
FrognToad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am actually new to Roku, and this is my first & only device currently. Unfortunately it’s never launched on my device since originally installing it.

0 Kudos
cksunshine
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I’m sorry that you are having to deal

with this issue as well. I can’t say for sure, but from the testing and research that I’ve done, this issue seems to be with brand new Roku streaming devices. I have two others besides my Streambar and each device has the most recent update of the software and all three have the same version and build of Starz. 

I have seen others having the exact same issue that Starz will not launch and goes back to the Roku Home Screen, and the common denominator is that the device is a brand new one.

0 Kudos
cksunshine
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Guess what, Starz is working for me now!  It looks like they updated the Starz channel.  The previous version/build was Version 4.5 build 25.   Now it is Version 4.5 build 27.

I'd say try it again and see if the channel is now launching properly.  If it isn't, check the version of the Starz channel and see what it is, and if it is not build 27, update the channel and try again.

I hope this helps!

FrognToad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I noticed mine updated too, and Starz launches now.

0 Kudos
pixel8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Argh, after updating Starz still didn't work (says it's out of date still), I removed the channel and then installed the channel. Still says out of date. I now have version 4.6 build 11. Sorry if this is repetitive but any help or advice? I'm using Roku Express, it's not new, but I think this is the first time I tried using Starz with it.

0 Kudos
pixel8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Me again, sorry... I hadn't noticed the tip about turning the device off in between, that worked! Many. many thanks to all!

0 Kudos