Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannons1
Reel Rookie

Re: Star Trek language changed from English to German

Jump to solution

I have been re-watching Trek starting with Enterprise;  Enterprise, DS9 and Voyager had no issues when I watched them.  I started watching Next Gen and did not encounter an issue  until I was into season 2. 

0 Kudos
rocket8691

Jump to solution

Same thing started happening with me on Season 3 episode 7 of ST Voyagers.  It resets to German anytime I restart the episode.  Other series aren't affected, just ST Voyagers.

KyleG

Jump to solution

Same thing happening to me watching TNG. Really annoying that I have to set it for every episode back to English 

bdasanglin

Jump to solution

I am having this exact same issue with TNG. The temp solution works but it reverts back every episode. Very frustrating, especially when you go to sleep to one language and get woken up with another.

Jakobe

Jump to solution

Same issue here, restarted, rebooted, updated. Only way to fix is to change it on every episode which is annoying because I like falling asleep to TNG in ENGLISH. 

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This is most likely not a Roku the company problem. It's probably a P+ server issue that is misassigning the wrong audio to certain devices. The fact that it is only certain shows and episodes makes that more likely. 

0 Kudos
User_57

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with a different TV series. The CC language changes to German. If I change it to any other language, it doesn't change it at all, stays in German.

I've had to reset the device (on multiple occasions) in the software, and have to go thru the setup process every time. VERY annoying.

I've even performed a HARD reset (reset on the device itself). It fine for a while, but if you power off and power back on, the CC goes back to German, and it can't be changed until a reset is performed.

On one episode, the CC was fine, except the only audio was the background/secondary noise. No audio from the actors speaking. Previous episodes and later episodes were fine, just that one.

It is a ROKU issue as far as I'm concerned. Probably the latest software update that was pushed out to all ROKU devices has a few bugs in it.

0 Kudos
CatMom4

Jump to solution

Thanks for the solution. This happened to me too. I chatted with Paramount and they didn't help me. Your solution works and I don't have to learn another language to watch Star Trek!! So happy!

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

P+ has often had odd audio issues. For a long time, even when it was CBS All Access, the audio would default to 2.0. You had to manually switch it to 5.1 on each episode, just like people are having to do with the language right now. On my Comcast X1 cable box, the audio is 2.0, with no way to change it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Your solution worked.  I have 2 rokus. The older one switched language to German. The newer one did not.

0 Kudos