Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiggers04

Spotify not working on TCL Roku TV

The Spotify channel you click on it and it just doesn’t do anything on the title screen. I have taken remove the channel & put it back on. Check for new updates nothing working I’ve turned on the TV turn off the TV and on and still nothing is working.

20 REPLIES 20
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spotify not working on TCL Roku TV

@Tiggers04-

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this?  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

On a ROKU TV you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Tnicke
Channel Surfer

Hello I have the same problem: Brand new TCL 65” TV model 65S531 won’t open/load the Spotify channel. All other channels work just fine (Direct Stream, ESPN, Disney+,  YouTube, Plex, Netflix, Prime Video, SiriusXM)  

I have performed numerous Spotify channel removals, then TCL TV restarts, then add Spotify channel again … Spotify still will not load on my new TCL TV. 

I have the latest TCL TV firmware and I always double check for more firmware updates before I repeat the cycle (remove channel, restart TV, add channel) … Spotify still will not load on my new TCL TV. 

I then completely reset the TCL TV to factory settings and repeated the cycle - Spotify still will not load on my new TCL TV. 

I setup the TCL TV with both Wifi and Ethernet connections - Spotify channel does not load on either.

I have a Spotify premium account, and it works fine on my Roku streaming stick on another TV, my iPhone, my PC’s and my connected car  I forced Spotify log offs for all devices, then tried to add/open the Spotify channel on my TCL TV … Spotify still will not load on my new TCL TV. 

Spotify support says it is not their problem, saying this is TCL problem I suggested they try to replicate my problem and/or get TCL involved (I gave them my TCL TV model number and firmware build). Spotify support said they don’t do that and that there was nothing else they could do. 

I am looking for any and all suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tnicke,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community and letting us know all that you've done!

If you are still experiencing an issue with Spotify not loading, can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Tnicke
Channel Surfer

Thank you for replying Mary! Here is the additional information about my problem “Spotify will not load/open on TCL TV”:

-Roku device model: A124X
-serial number: X00300YL03VU
-device ID: S0C3Y14L03VU
-software OS/version: 10.5.0 build 4201-88
-does this issue occur on a specific channel?
— Yes, only one channel fails.

if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel?
— Spotify   Version: 2.8.97 | Oct 25, 2021

-tracker ID when this issue occurs

— VU-484-840
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

— After I add the Spotify channel, it does not show up on the Home Screen. However I can search on it and find the Spotify channel — and it looks like it is installed. When I select “Go to channel”, the TCL TV screen goes blank for 2 or 3 seconds but Spotify channel does not open. Instead the original screen returns where I can select “Go to channel” or Remove channel , etc.

This happens every time I try to install and run Spotify. I have never gotten Spotify to work on my new TCL TV.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tnicke,

Thanks for providing the information needed!

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for an investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Tnicke
Channel Surfer

Good morning!! it’s been a couple of weeks since we last communicated, so I thought I would check in to see if there are any updates to this issue? 

Again, I am actively using about a dozen Roku channels with no problems — except for Spotify  

i would very much like to get this fixed - so that I can natively play my Spotify music on my new TCL TV, which is connected to my home theater / surround sound system. It is a big “takeaway” without this working. 

0 Kudos

Same issue here with multiple TCL TVs. Does not appear to be a problem with Roku streaming sticks, but works for maybe 1-2 days tops on the TV before I have to reset everything. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos

Roku says to contact spotify support, spotify support says to contact TV manufacturer... and the finger pointing goes back and forth. The developers on both sides need to work together and fix. Too many unsatisfied customers being impacted. 

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotify-on-tv/

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@toomanybugs 

I could be wrong, but I think Spotify is wrong about contacting the TV manufacturer. TCL is probably not the cause, as the app runs of the Roku software they leased. So don't add TCL (your TV manufacturer) to the mix. That will likely make it even harder to find a solution.

You say you're resetting everything. Does that mean you're doing factory resets? If so, why? Does the standard app removal process not work?

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku (Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart)
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order. That should work. Does it not.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."