Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lzm

Spotify disappeared from my home screen

The Spotify App on my Roku Ultra device has disappeared from the home screen. I can find it when I search channels, it shows that I have downloaded it to my device and I can open it from the search page. When it opens I'm still logged in and it plays fine I just can't add it back to the home screen, there is no option to do so. I did look for updates but it said that the device is up-to-date. I even restarted the device and the app is still missing. 

Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3
bjmarte
Reel Rookie

Re: Spotify disappeared from my home screen

I'm having the exact same problem and was brought here by Google when I was searching about it.  I'm guessing a reinstall would fix the problem but there is no way to uninstall an app other that from the home screen.

0 Kudos
bjmarte
Reel Rookie

It literally just reappeared.  I read somewhere else on the Internet to try clearing the Roku cache by hitting the home button, the rewind button twice, then the fast forward button twice.  I did that but didn't see anything change visibly initially.  Then the next time I went back to the home screen my Roku app was back.  Not even sure it was related.  Really strange.

Legolas813
Reel Rookie

Mine disappeared too and when I did that Roku cache trick it immediately reappeared. Crazy.

0 Kudos