Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Spectrum screen goes black but can still see channel list ?

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted and for sharing more information about this.

We'd like to see more on this and to better understand we'll need your help. Please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue.

We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gsking

This is obviously a Spectrum or Roku problem.  I reinstalled the system from scratch and it worked for a day.

0 Kudos
Binge Watcher

This problem went away but now it's back. 

Spinning circle like buffering or signal loss then the channel will come back or I can go to channel list and click on the channel I was watching and the signal comes back.

It seems to be happening only on the Newsmax channel that we watch while making dinner.  When not watching Newsmax and watching sports on the weekend I never see it.  I'm beginning to believe it's exclusive to Newsmax so it could be the channel or.........

0 Kudos
paul31
Reel Rookie

I would check streaming on PC or phone via Wi-Fi while this is occurring. It sounds like a Spectrum bandwidth issue.  Spectrum should check signal/noise levels.  Even though they have done this check at my residence, I still have buffering issues from time to time. FIOS does seemed more reliable (when I had access to that).

0 Kudos
Binge Watcher

It happens on all of my Rokus BUT NOT Fire TV (over 300 Mbps).

AND I only see the problem with Newsmax

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience it may have caused. That's not what we aim for. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions on the link, videos from other channels play fine. Contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos