Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nancy1317

Spectrum - constant interruptions

Jump to solution

No trouble with other channels, but Spectrum is terrible.  Constant “buffering” and interruptions “Channel not available, “ “Something went wrong,” “Check your connection,” etc.

Simply cannot watch NBA games on Spectrum.  Installed Bally Sports, but same interruptions.

what’s wrong?  Seems Roku and Spectrum have big problems.  What can I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Spectrum - constant interruptions

Jump to solution

@Nancy1317

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Spectrum directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Spectrum channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Nancy1317

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Spectrum directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Spectrum channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jdforever
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Spectrum is telling me that my 3600X,s, 4630X's and 3810X's are not compatible with the Spectrum app. I am experiencing severe buffering and freeze while watching on the Spectrum app. Many times it kicks me off the internet, even though my wifi signal is good to usually excellent and internet download speeds are in the 225mbps range. They said that they get this information from Roku. I don't know who or what to believe anymore. It does seem like this problem has come to light with the software version 10.5.0. Can you shed some light as to the fix? How about an option to roll back to a previous version? Help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jdforever

Thanks for the post.

In general, buffering related issues are typically caused by poor internet connectivity. Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps? In addition, have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jdforever
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes I have rebooted my Roku devices. I have even gone so far as to do a factory reset on all of my Roku's. I did a factory reset on my Linksys EA8500 router, my Linksys RE-7000 extender (wired as an access point), and my other RE-7000 wireless extender. I regularly run speed tests in every room of the house and as I stated, my download speeds are excellent. Yes I have changed the wireless channels for both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. 

Again, how about a rollback of the firmware to the previous version!

0 Kudos
swhostettler
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same issues with the Spectrum App.  Freezes, buffering, channel lockups, channel selection issues, etc. 

I have contacted Spectrum numerous times and put through to basic and advanced tier tech support. I get various responses blaming my internet (which is through Spectrum and has been checked several times), my modem (It's theirs), my router: My Deco mesh system is better than Spectrum's wifi router (440mbs/s compared to their 168mb/s).  Then finally, they blame it on the link from channel provider. 

As a network technician, I find their excuses are laughable.  I have had their "tech support" argue with me (obviously reading a canned response from some computer screen) with little knowledge of what they are talking about.  

They need to fix their **bleep** service and App.

0 Kudos