Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shelley912

Spectrum app not working RLP - 999

Jump to solution

I'm currently having issues with the spectrum app. I watched it this morning and everything was fine. Now, the guide how's up, I can click on what I want but then I get error RLP-999 code. I have unplugged/plugged Roku and then checked for any updates in settings. Any other suggestions?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Schess

Re: Spectrum app not working RLP - 999

Jump to solution

I restarted router and restarted main Spectrum box. Also removed channel and added it again. This resolved issue. 

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

When removing the channel, please make sure that you are restarting your Roku device before adding the channel back again.

^ this worked for me. Thank you!

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Shelley912

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. Since you're getting an error code within the Spectrum channel, it'll be best to reach out to their customer support team to get help. They are the best ones to provide the appropriate resolution or troubleshooting steps related to the error code you received. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
vcantu0317

Jump to solution

Did u ever get this fixed? I'm having same issue. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @vcantu0317

Thanks for the post.

I'd recommend following my suggestion in my post above as Spectrum Support is the best one to help you out with this matter. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
bunnykinb4
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Omg, Spectrum was working on Roku stick too. You and I keep having this issue. I went on this morning and now have error RLP-999. I don't have issues with Netflix, Hulu. Very odd it's always Spectrum. 

bunnykinb4
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Shelley912   Unfortunately, Spectrum support doesn't deal with this issue. It's goes back to Roku whenever I have had issues. I restarted, updated etc without any help in working. 

bunnykinb4
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Spectrum was working from Roku stick just days ago. Today, I can't access because of the error code. My other apps work. 😩 Why Spectrum?

Wyspy22

Jump to solution

In case you missed it, Roku and Spectrum had contract issues. 

Spectrum was my provider too. Called Spectrum to find this out.

My understanding is that the 2 companies have kissed and made up. Try searching for the Spectrum app and reinstall

0 Kudos
bunnykinb4
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Wyspy22  I have uninstalled Spectrum, updated Roku, reinstalled Spectrum and restarted Roku. I still get error message. It appears Spectrum wants to start. I see Spectrum checking subscription, channels start to appear, then lovely error message. Ugh. Thanks. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bunnykinb4

Thanks for the post.

When removing the channel, please make sure that you are restarting your Roku device before adding the channel back again.

If you are still unable to resolve we would recommend reaching out to Spectrum support directly regarding that specific error code. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos