Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Secarro62

Re: Spectrum App is not playing any channels

Jump to solution

I have tried all of the trouble shooting tips above. None of them worked on my Roku TV’s. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Secarro62

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for the actions taken to resolve the issue. This seems to be a channel issue that the channel provider can address since most channels on Roku are maintained by the providers. We recommend directly contacting Spectrum's support and letting them know about the experience you had with their channel on Roku. A workaround and an update from their end would likely be provided.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LarryB2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have contacted Spectrum and this was their response:

Thank you for waiting with me, I do see the submitted a ticket for this however this is a common roku issue that happens specifically when we update our app and it makes compatibility with rokus software difficult. Usually roku will then release a software update that allows the app to reload, I do apologize for the inconvenience

Thank you for that inquiry that is correct, I do recommend reaching out to roku support as it does alert them that their software is no longer compatible with the app, since this is just happening on rokus and the errors are roku specific I can ensure to you this is the issue.

0 Kudos
LarryB2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

follow up. i removed the spectrum app, turned off router and modem, added the app. it now works. thanks for all your assistance. some one should tell spectrum and roku this fix.

0 Kudos
JenG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

problem here. I can get Spectrum early morning to mid morning. But if I try to watch Spectrum any time after about 6pm , It just keeps buffering, and then freezes up or pixelates and then freezes up, and gives me various error codes.  In one night I got error codes of RLP-1999, RGE-1001, RLI-9000 AND RLP-999.  During this night that I received all these error codes I gave up and started from the top again..., I disconnected my WIFI, Modem, removed my Spectrum app, restarted my ROKU. waited 6 minutes.....restarted WIFI, Modem and then my ROKU...reinstalled SPECTRUM ap and tried to watch the BAYNEWS 9 channel.....it loaded fine, if slowly...then 30 seconds later it froze up and the screen went black and I got the error code RLP-1999 AGAIN.  It worked fine up to 2 weeks ago, but since then I have not been able to watch Spectrum in the evenings.  I can watch all my other apps on my ROKU... just  not Spectrum.  I will be calling Spectrum tomorrow.

0 Kudos
deby1

Jump to solution

I'm having the  same issue with Roku and Spectrum.  I've done all the troubleshooting suggestions and it's still not resolved.  Looks like I'll have to wait for Roku to update their software?  Ugh! 12/23/23

0 Kudos
LarryB2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I disconnected my roku and rebooted my router. When the router fully came back on. I plugged in my roku again and now it all works fine. Hope this helps.

Turf9143

Jump to solution

After uninstalling and reinstalling the Spectrum app, logging in and out of both Spectrum and Roku, checking for updates nothing the app continued to not work. Then I unplugged the modem and router, left them off a few minutes, plugged both back in and wa la, the app started working again. Don’t ask me why. 

0 Kudos
Pdooley

Jump to solution

I switched to my hotspot on my phone for my Roku tv and the app started working on channels it wasn’t before when connected to home internet. Seems like a spectrum issue 

0 Kudos