Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CooperAuto4
Reel Rookie

Spectrum App is not playing any channels

Jump to solution

Is anyone having trouble with the spectrum app. Since Thursday we are not able to view.  We can play Netflix but not spectrum. I keep getting the error message RLP-999 and it tells me to restart my devise which I have done several times. Any help with me appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Spectrum App is not playing any channels

Jump to solution

Hi @CooperAuto4,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

If you're experiencing the RLP-999 error code when trying to use the Spectrum app on your Roku device, it may indicate a problem with your internet connection or the app itself. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable and reliable internet connection. Try restarting your modem and router to see if that helps.
  • Update the Spectrum app: Make sure that the Spectrum app on your Roku device is up-to-date. To check for updates, go to the Roku home screen, highlight the Spectrum app, press the asterisk (*) button on your remote, and select Check for updates.
  • Clear the app cache: Go to the Roku home screen, highlight the Spectrum app, press the asterisk (*) button on your remote, and select Remove channel. Then, restart your Roku device and reinstall the Spectrum app.
  • Contact Spectrum support: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact Spectrum customer support for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue or provide you with additional information about the RLP-999 error code.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you resolve the issue and get the Spectrum app working on your Roku device again.
All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Barbbieds

Jump to solution

Same same.  Been going on for 2 days now with no access to spectrum app.  Only reason I got Roku 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CooperAuto4,

If you're experiencing the RLP-999 error code when trying to use the Spectrum app on your Roku device, it may indicate a problem with your internet connection or the app itself. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable and reliable internet connection. Try restarting your modem and router to see if that helps.
  • Update the Spectrum app: Make sure that the Spectrum app on your Roku device is up-to-date. To check for updates, go to the Roku home screen, highlight the Spectrum app, press the asterisk (*) button on your remote, and select Check for updates.
  • Clear the app cache: Go to the Roku home screen, highlight the Spectrum app, press the asterisk (*) button on your remote, and select Remove channel. Then, restart your Roku device and reinstall the Spectrum app.
  • Contact Spectrum support: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact Spectrum customer support for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue or provide you with additional information about the RLP-999 error code.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you resolve the issue and get the Spectrum app working on your Roku device again.
All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dubbz1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 4 TVs in our house: 2 are Roku Smart TVs, 2 are connected to Roku express units. The two smart TV's will no connect to Spectrum. I get the RLP-999 error. I've done everything stated in your solution (removed the app, reset the router, factory resets, etc..) and spent 30m minutes on the phone with a Spectrum tech. The tech could see all of my devices connected to the router. He said it must be a Roku update issue. I've updated several times, still not working.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dubbz1,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Have you tried connecting to an alternate network, such as a different internet network or a hotspot? If not, we recommend connecting to either and seeing if you're still experiencing the issue.

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best.
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TJPB

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem on both TVs. This is the second time it has happened.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TJPB,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Spectrum channel. We're delighted to help you. Please follow the steps below:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select Add the channel.

If the problem still persists, we recommend contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dubbz1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

Remove the Spectrum channel from Roku. Then unplug your router and modem. Leave them off for 5 minutes then power them back on. Add Spectrum back Roku. 

Kenny

0 Kudos
Rhonda1968

Jump to solution

I followed all the steps and it's still not working and it's giving me a different reference code rge1001 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rhonda1968,

We're glad to assist you with your problem on Spectrum. Please be advised that Spectrum TV Channel for Roku Error Codes: RGE-1001 means that service is unavailable. We highly suggest that you check to ensure you're connected to your in-home Wi-Fi, then restart the Spectrum TV channel and try again. Please provide us with some details so we can assist you further:

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • What steps have you taken to reproduce this issue?
  • Can you please specify the troubleshooting steps that you took to resolve the issue?

Also, please note that if the issue persists on the Spectrum app after attempting the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, we suggest contacting the Spectrum customer support team to report the issue and get help. There might be an issue with that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos