Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectrum App Update??

Today the spectrum app has randomly updated and is completely unusable. The app will load quickly but either doesn’t respond to the remote or lags for a very long time. When the guide finally comes up, it freezes when I try to scroll thru the channels. Hitting the back button does nothing. It just stays on whatever screen it’s on. It’s horrible!!!! The old version wasn’t great either but at least it worked. Can roku pressure spectrum app makers into fixing this junky update?? 

5 REPLIES 5
Durhammer
Binge Watcher

Re: Spectrum App Update??

@helloxjello wrote:

Today the spectrum app has randomly updated and is completely unusable. The app will load quickly but either doesn’t respond to the remote or lags for a very long time. When the guide finally comes up, it freezes when I try to scroll thru the channels. Hitting the back button does nothing. It just stays on whatever screen it’s on. It’s horrible!!!! The old version wasn’t great either but at least it worked. Can roku pressure spectrum app makers into fixing this junky update?? 

What's your Roku device and its software version and build information? What's your Spectrum app version and build information?

And most importantly, are you using a NETGEAR Orbi router with its "Armor" (Bitdefender software) activated, OR are using a "Bitdefender Box?" The Bitdefender software has been a big problem for the Spectrum app and others (someone had a problem with it on Netflix).

0 Kudos
teresaln

Hello.  I’m having the same issue and it is beyond frustrating.  @Durhammer,   my Roku model is 3500X and software version is 9.2.0 • build 4804-09.  My spectrum app version is 5.8 • build 2.  I use an eero WiFi mesh router system.  I followed some recommendations on another thread and deleted/reinstalled the spectrum app and a system reset.  I even logged out of the spectrum app and signed back on just for S&G.  Do you have any other recommendations?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@teresaln 

Thanks for the note.

Please make sure after you remove the channel, that you restart your device before adding the channel back again.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BmOhio

Hate it. Who told them it needed changed anyway? It worked fine for me before.  Very good incentive to dump Spectrum Streaming and go to YouTube!

0 Kudos
Durhammer
Binge Watcher

@BmOhio wrote:

Hate it. Who told them it needed changed anyway? It worked fine for me before.  Very good incentive to dump Spectrum Streaming and go to YouTube!

Funny you should say that. That's exactly what I'm currently doing. (YouTube TV streaming, at least. Much better service and choices -- including the ACC Network, which Spectrum would not make available.) The decision to do this was made weeks ago. The penultimate "final straw" was last week when the Spectrum App wouldn't start because of a Spectrum account issue, such that the Roku OS informed us that we "could not purchase" the Spectrum app at this point, and to check back later. Sheesh!

(Also done with Spectrum Internet, Voice, and Mobile, and still coming out way ahead.)

0 Kudos