Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KKendall95
Level 7

Sound problems on Amazon only

IN the past week all of a sudden any show/movie from the Amazon app on my roku player will not play sound.  Hulu, Netflix, Pandora all work fine, but no sound from Amazaon.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sound problems on Amazon only

When it is a problem with a single channel, I'd suggest removing and reinstalling it. Use this procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.

3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory. It may or may not make a difference, depending on what's causing your problem, but it's worth doing.

4. Reinstall the channel.

5. If channel requires a login, you'll need to log in anew.

Note that the channel will be reinstalled as the last channel in your Roku home page channel grid. You may want to relocate it to a different position (highlight channel, press remote * key, choose Move, use arrow keys to position, press OK to lock in).
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
ElleKay24
Level 7

Re: Sound problems on Amazon only

This fix worked, thank you. BUT I have to do it for every new episode that starts. So strange,I lose audi at the start of every episode. 

0 Kudos