Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toml6302

Some Hulu Channels are Stuck in a Loop; Live TV not Working

Jump to solution

Certain Hulu channels - Golf Channel, CNBC, Food Network and a couple others - will not go to live playing. It plays 30 or so seconds of show beginning then the refresh icon comes and and it repeats. If you arrow-up, you can see it is at the start of the show whereas other channels will (obviously) show where they currently are within the overall show time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Some Hulu Channels are Stuck in a Loop; Live TV not Working

Jump to solution

Roku does not control how the Hulu channel works. Hulu is currently suffering outages. Do all your other channels work properly such as Netflix and Prime? You can try restarting your Roku, modem and router. But according to Downdetector Hulu is having issues 

https://downdetector.com/status/hulu/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku does not control how the Hulu channel works. Hulu is currently suffering outages. Do all your other channels work properly such as Netflix and Prime? You can try restarting your Roku, modem and router. But according to Downdetector Hulu is having issues 

https://downdetector.com/status/hulu/

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@toml6302 

When a live TV/"streaming cable" service such as Hulu+Live TV experiences issues, you may be able to use the apps for the channels themselves to watch. For example, if you downloaded the Food Network app, you may be able to authenticate against Hulu+Live TV and watch from within the Food Network app.

This may not be your preferred way to watch, but if you have your favorite few apps set up and authenticated against your "streaming cable" service, when the service experiences an outage, you have a backup plan in place.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@DBDukes  good advice except a lot of those channels when you download them do not have live content. Most server issues are fixed within a few hours and everything will be back to normal. HBO had down issues yesterday which lasted for about two hours

0 Kudos
toml6302

Jump to solution

The Hulu channels in question are working fine on my iPhone

Seems though it has magically resolved itself. And, yes, Hulu has never been the most reliable streaming service to begin with 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@toml6302  I used Hulu + Live TV years ago. Always had down issues. I switched to YouTube TV. Whenever you think a certain channel is suffering issues go to Downdetector and It will tell you

0 Kudos
lastreaction122
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@toml6302 wrote:

Certain Hulu channels - Golf Channel, CNBC, Food Network and a couple others - will not go to live playing. It plays 30 or so seconds of show beginning then the refresh icon comes and and it repeats. If you arrow-up, you can see it is at the start of the show whereas other channels will (obviously) show where they currently are within the overall show time.

I had the same issue and I don't think roku controls the working of Hulu channels. The thing that I do is watch from the app channel itself. That's how you can watch it too if your Tv cable doesn't work!

0 Kudos