Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sling stopped working, was working before

Jump to solution

Hi @MichaelE,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that we are still currently investigating this issue. We currently do not have any details to give at this time, but once more information is available, We'll make sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated in the meantime.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
rhythm1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well it's been 3 months of patience and waiting. The Roku team keeps saying they are working on the issue, and Sling's response is either they didn't know their app was not working, or they thought the issue was already resolved.

I resolved the Sling load issue on all of my Rokus. I Cancel Sling and now have a subscription to one of their competitors.

I'm out. 

Turtles5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This issue still exists!!!! No sling on any device that uses a roku stick, but sling is fine on computers or a TV that is direct wired (wifi and ethernet).  Finally kids are back at school.  I am investigating other options, because I have tried everything!

MokenTroll

Jump to solution

Came here to add another vote to this issue. I've got 2 Rokus and Sling does not load on either device. Works just fine on other streaming devices.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing your experience of this issue with us, @MokenTroll.

Have you already provided the specific details of the devices affected? The details are the ones provided above this thread by the other moderators. We'll need to have it forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for review.

With your response, we'll be able to flag our team with this one.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NeilBaxter

Jump to solution

Y'all got Pi-Holes?

Whitelist dpm.demdex.net

You're welcome.

Thanks to Reddit users Noah0504 and fakeshankapottamus for finding and posting this solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/1351xb8/sling_app_no_longer_opening/

Turtles5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I finally got my problems solved but NOT BY ROKU!!  In a call to SLING support, I finally got someone who was able to advise me that the issue was with ROKU.  He had me delete the number of apps to 30 (I had about double that).  Then there was an issue with my wifi, which probably was my pi ad-blockers.  I found that when I had only 29 apps, with all updated and ROKU updated, then added SLING to make 30 apps, and finally connected to my iPhone hotspot, SLING works perfectly.  Next, I switched the network back to my wifi, it continued working just fine. (I think I got the system unloaded with blockers).  It was sad that ROKU couldn't tell me to limit the apps or to connect to another wifi like my iPhone hotspot or to reset the pi software/ check what was blocked.  Hope this will help others.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Turtles5, I sincerely doubt it had anything to do with the number of channels/apps you had.  It was most likely your content blocker and connecting to an alternate network has only been suggested about a million times on this forum.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ericksenr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ericksenr,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos